King Crimson

Wie Bolt Thrower halt die Bolt Thrower des Death Metal sind, sind King Crimson die Bolt Thrower von allem. Man wird kein Album - trotz neuer Songs, die man eben live performt und so auch formt (es existieren gut 45 Min neue Musik des aktuellen Line Ups) - rausbringen, solange man nicht entsprechend sich einer bestimmten Qualität sicher sein kann. Da wurde mehrfach von Band, Sid Smith und DGM bestätigt; das zeigen auch die abgebrochenen Album-Sessions in der Vergangenheit, von denen ja einige mittlerweile veröffentlicht wurden. Am Ende wird vielleicht einmal ein Full Length-Album stehen, dass jedoch komplett live eingespielt sein wird (vermute ich). Ich persönlich brauche nicht wirklich ein neues Album. Nicht, dass sich Crimso demontieren würden, aber ich brauch's einfach nicht. Ich bin mit jeder neuen Live-Scheibe happy, da jede wirklich für sich selbst stehen kann.
Da werd ich Dir auch gar nicht widersprechen, weil ich weiss wie Du KC lebst und liebst und auch ich eigentlich der gleichen Meinung bin.
Für mich klingen/funktionieren die Live performten Songs im Falle von KC sogar viel besser als die Originalaufnahmen.
Kein Live Mittschnitt eines Songs gleicht dem anderen, das zeichnet diese phänomenale Band ja aus!
Dennoch wäre für mich ein neues Album, von mir aus auch konzeptionell als Live Scheibe, etwas wonach ich mich mitttlerweile sehne.
Just my 2 cents.

From Robert Fripp's facebook:

Wednesday 11th. September, 2019; 09.27

Hotel Very Acceptable, Chicago.

One of the arising themes at the Royal Packages is this: can Music change the world? From which the question: how can Music change the world? One Royal Package suggested: attention.

Yesterday evening I suggested that, in the Performance Event, to enable / support / encourage Music to change our world, we have to become present within the Event. To do this, it is necessary that we wish to be present. Wanting to be present doesn’t take us very far. At which point, entering the process, we come up against resistance.

The first lie of the Devil: tomorrow!
The second lie of the Devil: there’s nothing you can do!
The third lie of the Devil: it’ll take care of itself!

At breakfast here in Hotel Very Acceptable, Chicago, becoming present: and with it the sense of possibility, accompanied by hope. When I am not present in this way, it is easy for me to become pessimistic about the state of the world. Being present, all the external threats and problems continue, but they do not weigh on me as before: they become challenges to address.

All material on this set will also feature on the forthcoming Complete 1969 Sessions (the eighth boxed set in the series documenting King Crimson’s studio and live recordings from 1969 onwards).

"Early next year", sagt man bei Burning Shed.

Man wird kein Album - trotz neuer Songs, die man eben live performt und so auch formt (es existieren gut 45 Min neue Musik des aktuellen Line Ups) - rausbringen, solange man nicht entsprechend sich einer bestimmten Qualität sicher sein kann.
Welche Stücke sind das denn? Mir fallen da auf Anhieb vielleicht zwei oder drei ein, wenn man Cover nicht mitzählt. Vielleicht hab ich da auch gerade einiges nicht auf dem Schirm oder mir fehlen zu viele neuere Live-Scheiben.

Welche Stücke sind das denn? Mir fallen da auf Anhieb vielleicht zwei oder drei ein, wenn man Cover nicht mitzählt. Vielleicht hab ich da auch gerade einiges nicht auf dem Schirm oder mir fehlen zu viele neuere Live-Scheiben.

Mir bekannt: Radical Action I - III (Suite), The Errors*, Banshee Legs Of Bell Hassle, Meltdown*, Suitable Grounds For The Blues*, Devil Dogs Of Tessellation Row, Hell Hounds Of Crim, Drumzilla, Drumsons (und Variationen), CatalytiKc No. 9, Hoodoo.

* Songs mit Lyrics

Are there plans for this lineup to make an album of new material?

The truth is I'm kind of writing with, and without, Robert all the time, and Robert is coming up with stuff, and there's various pieces in different stages, some demos are quite finished and some that aren't. We have more than enough for an album. If or when, or exactly how that happens, I don't know because we live in a different world. I mean, historically, you toured to promote and album, we don't live in that world anymore. The world of streaming and whatever has changed that beyond recognition.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/king-crimson-jakko-jakszyk-interview-2017/

Vermutlich gibt es also mehr als die oben genannten. Es gibt auch Rehearsal- und Demo-Ausschnitte in den Elements-Boxen. Die sind allerdings eher arg kurz.

Mir bekannt: Radical Action I - III (Suite), The Errors*, Banshee Legs Of Bell Hassle, Meltdown*, Suitable Grounds For The Blues*, Devil Dogs Of Tessellation Row, Hell Hounds Of Crim, Drumzilla, Drumsons (und Variationen), CatalytiKc No. 9, Hoodoo.

* Songs mit Lyrics
Ah, okay, die meisten davon kenne ich ja doch, wobei ich die mehr oder weniger reinen Drumsoli gar nicht mitgezählt hätte (sowas muss auf nem Studioalbum nicht unbedingt sein, wobei eines, z.B. als Intro, schon okay wäre).
Na ja, bin mal gespannt, ob wir noch mehr neue Stücke von der Band zu hören bekommen...

Sid Smith’s In The Court Of King Crimson: An Observation Over 50 Years traces King Crimson’s career from the 1960s underground scene to the present day, featuring interviews with all the principal musicians and people associated with the band, a track by track analysis of studio output and an extensive annotated gigography.

A significantly expanded follow-up to the acclaimed In The Court Of King Crimson from 2002, Smith’s book is an essential companion to one of the most intriguing careers in Rock music history.

Long out of print and double the size of its predecessor, the book includes material from King Crimson’s archives plus much previously unpublished material.

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/sid-smith_in-the-court-of-king-crimson_book

https://www.amazon.de/Court-King-Crimson-Observation-Years/dp/1916153003/

Sid Smith’s In The Court Of King Crimson: An Observation Over 50 Years traces King Crimson’s career from the 1960s underground scene to the present day, featuring interviews with all the principal musicians and people associated with the band, a track by track analysis of studio output and an extensive annotated gigography.

A significantly expanded follow-up to the acclaimed In The Court Of King Crimson from 2002, Smith’s book is an essential companion to one of the most intriguing careers in Rock music history.

Long out of print and double the size of its predecessor, the book includes material from King Crimson’s archives plus much previously unpublished material.

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/sid-smith_in-the-court-of-king-crimson_book

https://www.amazon.de/Court-King-Crimson-Observation-Years/dp/1916153003/

Hab ich auch gerade woanders gesehen, Du warst aber wieder schneller.
Wie geil ist das denn?
Eine Biografie von KC habe ich bereits gelesen.
Diese ist aber nicht besonders gut , hab mir das Buch damals, vor ca. 25 Jahren aus Polen mitgebracht...

This week's KC50 download is a previously unreleased version of The ConstruKction Of Light...

Edit: ich bevorzuge die Instrumental-Version.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
As many people have noticed, Robert Fripp recently posted on his Facebook page that “currently we are in dispute with the David Bowie estate and PPL, who refuse to acknowledge that RF is a featured performer on both Heroes and Scary Monsters albums”.

Just published on the DGM Live website, a comprehensive article with words from David Singleton, Robert Fripp and Brian Eno on this matter.

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/ppl-and-the-bowie-estate

Aus der 50th anniversary-Reihe Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part Two (Keep That One Nick-Version; mit sehr prominentem Bassspiel):

Zurück
Oben Unten