Neue Supergroup ,,Left To Die" angekündigt

Daess-Meddel

Till Deaf Do Us Part
Via Facebook:

Gus and Matt are at it again:
facebook.com/lefttodiedeathmetal

Left to Die is a new band featuring classic Death members Terry Butler (Obituary et al) and Rick Rozz (ex-Massacre) paired with Gruesome founders Matt Harvey (Exhumed et al) and Gus Rios (ex-Malevolent Creation). The Florida-based band is currently writing an EP and planning a summer US tour, performing the classic Leprosy album in its entirety, along with cuts from Scream Bloody Gore.

Terry Butler had this to say about how the band came together: “After the recent Chuck Tribute shows that Matt, Gus, and myself did, Rick posed the question "Would anyone would want to see some Leprosy shows ?" With a resounding “yes!” the masses had spoken. Matt & Gus threw their hats in immediately and in my opinion they were the only real choice to bring this thing to life !! Left To Die coming your way soon !!”
Rick Rozz added “It’s going to be an absolute honor and pleasure to play these 34+ year-old songs on stage with Terry after all these years, along with the talents of Matt and Gus - it’s gonna be brutal!”
Matt Harvey and Gus Rios were both very excited about the project coming together. Harvey reflected “When Gus and I started Gruesome as a Death tribute, we never thought that it would lead to us playing some of our favorite songs alongside the guys that recorded them, but here we are - and I couldn’t be more stoked!”
Gus went even further to say “When Rick contacted me about his idea I was immediately on board, since Leprosy is not only my favorite Death album, but my favorite Death Metal album of all time! I’m very grateful and stoked that Terry and Matt were also on board - the metal will flow this summer!”

facebook.com/lefttodiedeathmetal
Instagram @left_to_die_official

Booking: Ron Martinez for Crawlspace booking ron@crawlspacebooking.com

Sorry, aber das klingt für mich nach gar nix. Terry Butler ist zwar ein Urgestein des Genres (und das gestehe ich ihm ehrlich gerne zu), aber am Bass kann der nicht viel. Rick Rozz an der Gitarre kann sogar noch weniger (und hat außerdem die miserable Massacre "Back from Beyond" verbrochen). "Exhumed" klingt zwar gut, "Gruesome" hingegen aber schon wieder nur noch solala. Der Begriff "Supergroup" wird da etwas arg überstrapaziert, finde ich. Stand jetzt würde ich da ehrlich gesagt nicht mal testweise reinhören. o_O

Band total egal...

Aber das find ich witzig:

screenshot_20220125-12fk6r.jpg

Aber zwei der Jungs haben doch schon eine Band, die nach Death klingen will, die spielen auch Leprosy Songs (war zumindest vor 3 oder 4 Jahren so).

Dass Rick und Terry jedes Recht der Welt haben wie Musik wie in ihren Jugendtagen machen zu wollen, will ich ihnen gar nicht absprechen.
Aber können die denn auch entsprechende Songs schreiben oder muss dafür dann Matt ran?

Bei Death dürfte Chuck für die Genialität zuständig gewesen sein, Rick und Terry waren halt auch dabei. Oder wurden die bei Death mal vermisst?

Ajo, wenn sie wollen, sollen sie machen.
Reingehört wird bestimmt mal, ich sitze jetzt aber nicht voller Spannung hier und kann es kaum abwarten.
Zumal ich Leprosy auch von allen Death Alben am seltensten höre.
Ist ja auch die schwächste Death

"Schwächste Death". Was soll das sein? Eine schiefe Gerade? Gleichzeitige Ungleichzeitigkeit? Schneebedecktes Feuer?

Es gibt keine "schwache" Death, Mann. Das ist im Deutschen keine zulässige Kollokation. ;)

Ja, wenn die anderen (meines Erachtens) stärker sind, dann ist Leprosy die Schwächste, was ja nicht zwingend heißt, dass es ein schwaches Album ist.
Aber halt schwächer als der Vorgänger und als die Nachfolger sowieso.
Die letzten 3 :verehr::verehr::verehr::verehr:

Zurück
Oben Unten