Clutch

D

deleted_53

Superband auch, einige Kracheralben am Start!

Neuer Song:

"X-Ray Visions", the new video from Maryland rockers CLUTCH, can be seen below. The clip was shot by renowned photographer Dan Winters, who also designed the cover for the band's eleventh studio album, "Psychic Warfare".

Sirius XM's Liquid Metal (Sirius XM channel 40) will premiere the audio track of "X-Ray Visions" throughout its programming from July 29 to July 31.

"X-Ray Visions" is the first single from "Psychic Warfare", which will be released on October 2 via the band's own label Weathermaker Music. The CD was helmed by CLUTCH's longtime producer Machine (LAMB OF GOD, EVERY TIME I DIE) and consists of 12 new tracks.

"The title 'Psychic Warfare' is taken from the track 'X-Ray Visions'," states singer Neil Fallon. "It's a tale about an unnamed protagonist who is forced to seek refuge in a flop house motel. He is hiding from several nefarious psychic forces, the worst of which is his own sleep-deprived paranoia."

According to Fallon, the "X-Ray Visions" lyrical concept was influenced by Philip K. Dick, the science fiction author whose 1968 novel"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" was the basis for "Blade Runner". Neil said: "[Dick's] general philosophy and questions have always crept into my lyrics, because I share an interest in it. On 'Earth Rocker', 'Crucial Velocity' was definitely a Philip K. Dick song for me. On this record, 'X-Ray Visions' certainly is."

Fallon added that the secluded studio location was the inspiration for the song "A Quick Death In Texas". He explained: "I was staying in a kind of unique, maybe 100-year-old property, by myself. I got spooked out because I come from the East Coast and the suburbs and I was out in the woods. That was the environment that brought out 'A Quick Death In Texas' — and the locals."

"Psychic Warfare" track listing:

01. The Affidavit
02. X-Ray Visions
03. Firebirds
04. A Quick Death in Texas
05. Sucker For The Witch
06. Your Love is Incarceration
07. Doom Saloon
08. Our Lady of Electric Light
09. Noble Savages
10. Behold the Colossus
11. Decapitation Blues
12. Son Of Virginia

Regarding the musical direction of "Psychic Warfare", Fallon said: "It's probably faster than 'Earth Rocker'. We wrote it pretty quickly after 'Earth Rocker', so we were, kind of, still in that headspace."

CLUTCH drummer Jean-Paul Gaster told The Aquarian Weekly: "There are some similarities in regards to 'Earth Rocker', and there are some songs on it that are sort of familiar, but we did some different stuff, too. There's stuff that is a little funkier, and there's other stuff that's a little more bluesy. So there's more diversity, I think."

Asked about the creative process in CLUTCH, Jean-Paul Gaster said: "The creative process really hasn't changed all that much. It's really just the four of us getting together and banging out jams, so to speak. We work on one or two parts at a time, and often we set those parts aside and work on something new. We'll do that for several months until we have a large pool of ideas to pull from. As we get closer to the recording process, we start to try to fix some of these parts and make them into songs. Sometimes the songs get cannibalized as well, like one song will sort of eat the other, in a way. And even then we have a lot of songs to choose from, so sometimes songs that we have been working on for months won't even end up on the record."

clutchsychiccd.jpg

tolle Band, neues Album kann eigentlich nicht schlecht werden. Live ein Knaller vor dem Herren.

Bang Bang Bang, sag ich nur.

Aber ich kenne wenige, die Clutch abfeiern, entweder sie ind zu hart oder zu alternativ, da passt oft irgendwas nicht. Ich kann es nicht verstehen, finde nahezu alle Alben richtig gut

Ich kenn da auch noch nicht soviel. So richtig gut eigentlich nur die s/t, in irgendwas aus den letzten Jahren hab ich auch mal reingehört. Was ich kenne, find ich super.

Großartiges, neues Album. Mindestens so gut wie Earth Rocker; bisschen dunkler, tiefer und ungemütlicher, finde ich, was gut passt. Kommt für mich aber wieder nicht an Blast Tyrant ran. Still ne einzigartige Hammerband.

Habe letztens erst noch die "Earth Rocker" gehört und die war mal wieder unfassbar geil. Das neue Album werde ich mir auch unbedingt reinfahren!

@JPK
Ernsthaft 2 (in Worten: zwei!) Punkte? Da hätte ich gerne noch ein paar Worte von dir zum Thema, um mir diesen Missstand erklären zu können. Hier oder auch, wenn das besser passen sollte, im Hass-Thread. Zusammen mit Death Dealer (da versteh ichs besser) das zweitschlechteste Album der Ausgabe, das kann doch so nicht stimmen...

@JPK
Ernsthaft 2 (in Worten: zwei!) Punkte? Da hätte ich gerne noch ein paar Worte von dir zum Thema, um mir diesen Missstand erklären zu können. Hier oder auch, wenn das besser passen sollte, im Hass-Thread. Zusammen mit Death Dealer (da versteh ichs besser) das zweitschlechteste Album der Ausgabe, das kann doch so nicht stimmen...

Der Angeklagte verweigert die Aussage, was ihm nicht belastend ausgelegt werden darf.
Ernsthaft: ich kann das nicht hören, ohne binnen kürzester Zeit ausschalten, weiterskippen, leisedrehen oder dringend zum Zahnarzt zu wollen.

Der Angeklagte verweigert die Aussage, was ihm nicht belastend ausgelegt werden darf.
Ernsthaft: ich kann das nicht hören, ohne binnen kürzester Zeit ausschalten, weiterskippen, leisedrehen oder dringend zum Zahnarzt zu wollen.
Also die Band an sich, nehme ich an, oder?
Oder doch konkret dieses Album?

Ich kenne nicht mehr, als dieses Album.
Oh Gott, Du Armer ;)
Zählt halt zu meinen Lieblingsbands, daher auch die Frage. Wenn Du mit der Band nix anfangen kannst, dann ist das halt so.
Vielleicht gibst Du ihnen Live auf nem Festival oder so eine Chance.
Ansonsten: Lebbe geht weiter...

Zurück
Oben Unten