Der R.I.P.-Thread

Das wurde schon am 10. Oktober bei Facebook gepostet, aber ich sehe das jetzt erst und bin doch etwas geschockt. Wollte dort nämlich mal schauen, ob es was Neues von Heavy Sentence gibt, an denen ich beim Wolf City Festival so viel Freude hatte. Und statt der erhofften Ankündigung des Debüt-Albums finde ich das hier:

We 're devastated to bring you the news that Heavy Sentence guitarist and our friend Mike Woods has died. He was such a big presence in our lives and the band that the sense of loss is hard to comprehend.

As anyone who knew him will tell you, Mike was a truly special guy with out-sized talent and charm. And a rocker to the core. When Mike was around, you knew about it. He loved being in the thick of it, talking to people, making friends and being where the action was, as the centre of attention if at all possible. His energy and spirit made the band what it was. He could not be stopped and playing onstage with him, we felt unstoppable.

Mike knew everyone and everyone wanted to know Mike. There will be a lot of people upset by this both in the UK and, after our tour earlier this year, in Europe too. This is cruel, unfair and so very sad. Our thoughts and love go out to his family.

We will record the album in Mike's memory. He always used to joke that he wrote all the best songs. It was his favourite way to wind me up. But it was true. We'll do him proud.

Rest in Peace, Mike. We will miss you so much.

R.I.P. Chief Security Officer Odo!
:hmmja:

Renés schauspielerische Leistung füllte eine ganz besondere Star-Trek-Figur mit viel Leben und viel Empathie.

RIP Wolfgang Winkler :hmmja:

Im Polizeiruf mit Jaecki Schwarz als Schmücke und Schneider immer gerne gesehen und auch sehr sympathisch mit Thilo Prückner bei den Rentnercops.

Zurück
Oben Unten