DARK TRANQUILLITY (u.a. Moment - VÖ 20.11.20)

Ach schade. Bin trotzdem aufs neue Album gespannt.

"Founding DARK TRANQUILLITY guitarist, Niklas Sundin, quits.

Hi,

As some of you know, I’ve had a break from playing with D.T. since 2016 in order to focus on family life. With the “Atoma” touring cycle now completed and a new album recording about to commence, the time is right to officially announce my departure from the band.

I’m very grateful for the experiences that the past 30 years have brought. We founded D.T. as teenagers without any musical knowledge, and somehow our songs took us all across the world, helped establish a new subgenre of metal, brought us several Grammy nominations and - more importantly - had a positive and life-altering impact on people all over the globe. This is extremely humbling, and more than what most artists ever could ask for.

However, it's no secret that I always enjoyed the creative process more than the performance aspects of being in a band, and the required extensive touring held less and less appeal with every album. The band and the fans deserve members that want to be on the road as much as possible in order to keep the (forward) momentum going, and for this reason I prefer to step aside and direct my musical creativity towards other areas. I’ll still be involved in the visual side of D.T. and am working on the cover illustration for the next album as we speak.

I send my warmest regards to the guys in the band, the incredible crew and of course to everyone that supported us over the past three decades. As for future musical endeavours, my electronic project Mitochondrial Sun released its debut album last month, and there are several other projects and collaborations (both metal and non-metal) in the pipeline. Onwards!

/Niklas"

Das ist natürlich schade, die Gründe finde ich aber absolut nachvollziehbar.

Und es ist doch mal eine schöne Abwechslung, wenn so eine Entscheidung ohne böses Blut über die Bühne geht. Dass er der Band weiterhin in Freundschaft und auf der Design-Ebene verbunden bleibt, finde ich wunderbar und wünsche ihm und der Band weiterhin das Beste.

Einer von mehreren. Auf Atoma hatte er bei 4/14 (incl. Bonus-Tracks) seine Finger im Spiel. Jivarp und Brandström sine ebenfalls Chef-Songwriter, und Stanne schreibt natürlich die Lyrics.

Ok, aber aktuell haben sie in ihrer Studiobesetzung theoretisch keinen Gitarristen, oder irre ich da? Ich habe Sundin wohl immer fälschlicherweise für den Hauptsongwriter gehalten. Ich frage deshalb, weil ich mir irgendwie schon ein wenig Sorgen um die Band mache, schließlich war er ja auch seit dem ersten Album dabei.

Ok, aber aktuell haben sie in ihrer Studiobesetzung theoretisch keinen Gitarristen, oder irre ich da? Ich habe Sundin wohl immer fälschlicherweise für den Hauptsongwriter gehalten. Ich frage deshalb, weil ich mir irgendwie schon ein wenig Sorgen um die Band mache, schließlich war er ja auch seit dem ersten Album dabei.
Vielleicht hilft Christopher Amott ja aus, der hat das Live ja auch schon gemacht.
Ich bin auch großer dt Fan und vertraue da aber auch drauf dass die das schon alles hinkriegen werden :)!

Nach Henriksson ist jetzt auch noch Sundin futschikato. Sehr schade, ich mochte sein bemerkenswertes Gitarrenspiel sehr. Höchstwahrscheinlich steigen Reinholdz oder Amott augenblicklich fest ein.

Höchstwahrscheinlich steigen Reinholdz oder Amott augenblicklich fest ein.
A new cycle begins...

Today marks the first day of recording our new album.

In these uncertain times all we can do is try to channel this frustration, fear, and anxiety into music and words. Isolation can be a strong motivator and we are
commited to making this the best it can possibly be.

With us this time we have two fantastic musicians who have been on tour with us for quite some time and we are now proud to announce as proper real members of Dark Tranquillity; Chris Amott and Johan Reinholdz. They have been incredible additions to our live shows and now we cannot wait to hear what their collective musicianship and skill will add to this album.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the progress of the recording and stays safe out there!

mikael/darktranquillity

Full lineup:
Mikael Stanne- Vocals
Anders Jivarp- Drums
Martin Brandstrom- Keys
Anders Iwers- Bass
Johan Reinholdz- Guitar
Chris Amott- Guitar

91399075_10157322598925748_2362246246321618944_n.jpg

A new cycle begins...

Today marks the first day of recording our new album.

In these uncertain times all we can do is try to channel this frustration, fear, and anxiety into music and words. Isolation can be a strong motivator and we are

With us this time we have two fantastic musicians who have been on tour with us for quite some time and we are now proud to announce as proper real members of Dark Tranquillity; Chris Amott and Johan Reinholdz. They have been incredible additions to our live shows and now we cannot wait to hear what their collective musicianship and skill will add to this album.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the progress of the recording and stays safe out there!

mikael/darktranquillity

Full lineup:
Mikael Stanne- Vocals
Anders Jivarp- Drums
Martin Brandstrom- Keys
Anders Iwers- Bass
Johan Reinholdz- Guitar
Chris Amott- Guitar

91399075_10157322598925748_2362246246321618944_n.jpg

Man darf gespannt sein!

UhUh - klingt gut
Nicht das ich die Atoma schlecht finden würde (im Gegenteil) - aber vlt. kommt aus dieser Situation ein Album mit mehr AggroAnteil raus :)

Stimmt. Ein besseres als ein nur gutes Album wäre schon mal wieder geil. So richtig, richtig hat mich nach Projector nichts mehr gepackt. Das war alles bisweilen echt gut, aber auch nicht mehr...

Stimmt. Ein besseres als ein nur gutes Album wäre schon mal wieder geil. So richtig, richtig hat mich nach Projector nichts mehr gepackt. Das war alles bisweilen echt gut, aber auch nicht mehr...
Ich stimme voll zu, erweitere aber noch auf Teile der Haven, die mich gepackt hatten

Für mich fangen DT erst bei der Projector (vllt. auch schon The Mind's I) so richtig an...
Was aber nicht heißt, dass ich dem Frühwerk nichts abgewinnen kann. Ist nur meine am wenigsten favorisierte Phase der Band.

Nein. "Fiction" ist das beste moderne DT Album. Und "Damage Done" und "Character" sind auch 'ne Nummer steiler als "Projector" mmn, die ist eher im Mittelfeld für mich.

Dabei ist Atoma doch neben Projector und Damage Done, so ziemlich ihr bestes Album. :cool:

No way. Also das beste der letzten Drei ("We Are The Void" *schauder*), aber ansonsten eher nur so ordentlich.

Edit: ach, egal:

Skydancer 6,5/10
The Gallery 9/10
The Mind's I 7/10
Projector 7,5/10
Haven 8/10
Damage Done 9/10
Character 8,5/10
Fiction 9/10
We Are The Void 5/10
Construct 6,5/10
Atoma 7/10