Thronehammer (UK|Ger) epic doom | sludge

Incantation Rites ist so unfassbar gut!

Und es schreit so sehr nach Live Aufführung, ich könnte heulen!

Ich will dass meine Hosenbeine im Bass flattern, will das Shampoo meiner verschwitzten Haare riechen, die ich mir beim Bangen ins Gesicht klatsche. Möchte, dass von hinten ein lantenstramner Kerl, der drei Köpfe größer ist als ich (was nicht schwer ist :D) aus versehen seinen Bierbecher über meiner Kutte entleert... Ich will schreien bis ich heißer bin, ich will die Fäuste recken! :verehr:

Ach ja, der Live Entzug...

Aber ich liebe eure neue Scheibe jetzt schon!

Hier mal ein paar Gedanken unserer Sängerin Kat zu jedem einzelnen Song von unseren aktuellen Album

When I was first sent the instrumental version of this song from Germany in the first part of 2020 I remember being instantly hooked on the opening riff which also repeats at the end of the song and I spent a while sitting at home perfecting how I would add vocal lines at the end to compliment that riff, and listening back now to the finished result I am VERY HAPPY!.

This song is definitely one of the most classic epic doom metal sounding songs on the new album in my opinion, no growls just 100 per cent clean sung vocals from start to finish. Some songs I feel harsher/growled vocals are needed in parts but other songs like this one I feel just need the clean vocals.

Lyrically I am basically describing a warrior who is surrounded by and wandering in an epic landscape with gloomy dark storm clouds gathering, fog shrouding the land/horizon etc
and really wanted to pull the listener into that fantastical world with the very descriptive lyrics.

Going to share individual tracks from the new Thronehammer album which is streaming and available on our Bandcamp in the coming days with a brief description about how I approached each one vocally.

Beneath Black Clouds
I Raise My Sword
To The Heavens So High
Beneath Black Clouds
So Dark And Forlorn
Piercing The Veils Of Dawn.

Und weiter geht's

Continuing my talk through of each song on the new Thronehammer album.

"Thy Blood" is a real punchy, crunching hardrocker(or doomrocker rather!)of a track and is one of the shortest songs on the album so I felt it needed a punchy, powerful, gritty but clean sung vocal attack, like a rousing triumphant doom battle cry!.
The reverb/delay on the vocals is quite minimal on this song as Tim felt a drier approach worked better with the hardrockin' vibe of the song.

I have seen one review compare the vocals in this song to those of JB in Grand Magus which is really cool as I love his vocals, I was thinking more along the lines of Wino/The Obsessed/Saint Vitus meets the grittier side of Rob Lowe from Solitude Aeturnus meets epic heavy metal in general when doing the vocal tracking for it if I am to be honest but I can hear why that reviewer thought of Grand Magus.
It's a full on gritty vibrato vocal attack!.
There was definitely some fist punching going on in the vocal booth when tracking this one!

We plan to put this song in our set list when we play live again and I can imagine it will go down very well in a live environment and will be a fun one to play/sing onstage.

Lyrically it is a triumphant battle hymn about crushing and slaying your enemies and being victorious on the battlefield.

Theres cheeky Slayer and Kreator references in the lyrics with "Spill The Blood", "Die By The Sword" and "Flag Of Hate" hehe.

Feel the blade die by the sword
It's time to die
No mercy given, no place for you to hide
We spill thy blood of our sworn enemies
Holding high the flag of hate, meet your fate
We are in command now meet your death by our hands.

Spilling thy blood across the land
Spill the blood of fellow man
Spilling thy blood across the land
Spill thy blood die by my hand

Hm, ich habe auch bei SCR Vinyl in rot bestellt, aber einen DL-Code per Mail habe ich nicht bekommen. Kommt vielleicht noch.

Achtung! Hier ein Statement von unserem Label was die Preorder vom Vinyl angeht

Hey there chaos crew,

it is with great regret that I have to inform you about a lot of delays regarding our vinyl productions.

Unfortunately due to the overall situation the production times have risen about 500%. The Czech Republic where the factory resides is heavily affected resulting in all productions being delayed.

I do not know a specific date when Benighted, Imperium Dekadenz, Vallenfyre and also Thronehammer records will be ready but I will keep you updated throughout the next weeks.

The missing Old Growth splattered vinyl version was expected today but will show up Monday - at least it is already at a Dachser facility near us.

The second print run for Nocte Obducta will show up shortly after.
I have put all planned preorders on hold and wait until the situation clearifies.

Meanwhile the preparation of the new SCR headquarter is progressing, almost all Memoriam preorders have been shipped.

I hope for your understanding.

All the best,

Robby // SCR

#supremechaos #vinylproduction #metalvinyl #extrememetalvinyl #deathmetalvinyl #memoriamuk #nocteobducta #oldgrowth #vallenfyre #benighted #imperiumdekadenz #thronehammer

Achtung! Hier ein Statement von unserem Label was die Preorder vom Vinyl angeht

Hey there chaos crew,

it is with great regret that I have to inform you about a lot of delays regarding our vinyl productions.

Unfortunately due to the overall situation the production times have risen about 500%. The Czech Republic where the factory resides is heavily affected resulting in all productions being delayed.

I do not know a specific date when Benighted, Imperium Dekadenz, Vallenfyre and also Thronehammer records will be ready but I will keep you updated throughout the next weeks.

The missing Old Growth splattered vinyl version was expected today but will show up Monday - at least it is already at a Dachser facility near us.

The second print run for Nocte Obducta will show up shortly after.
I have put all planned preorders on hold and wait until the situation clearifies.

Meanwhile the preparation of the new SCR headquarter is progressing, almost all Memoriam preorders have been shipped.

I hope for your understanding.

All the best,

Robby // SCR

#supremechaos #vinylproduction #metalvinyl #extrememetalvinyl #deathmetalvinyl #memoriamuk #nocteobducta #oldgrowth #vallenfyre #benighted #imperiumdekadenz #thronehammer

Das ist doch momentan leider bei fast allen "kleinen" Bands so.
Aber ich höre alle Genres und bin also auch langsam affin, wenn da, dann da. Bis dahin CD oder Bandcamp.

Das sich Vinyl verzögert kommt ja schon mal vor. Daher wäre ein DL-Code vorab schon gut. Aber da höre ich leider vom Label nichts. Meine E-Mail vom 16.03.2021 an SCR wurde gar nicht beantwortet.
Naja, alle haben zu tun, da geht eine Mail vielleicht auch mal unter oder wird nicht gelesen. Ich warte dann weiter auf das Vinyl.

Das sich Vinyl verzögert kommt ja schon mal vor. Daher wäre ein DL-Code vorab schon gut. Aber da höre ich leider vom Label nichts. Meine E-Mail vom 16.03.2021 an SCR wurde gar nicht beantwortet.
Naja, alle haben zu tun, da geht eine Mail vielleicht auch mal unter oder wird nicht gelesen. Ich warte dann weiter auf das Vinyl.
Kann sein das es da verzögerungen gibt, da Robby komplett in eine größere Räumlichkeit umzieht. Also nobody is perfect. Werden bestimmt zu einer Lösung kommen.

Hatte Sonntag (!) ein Problem mit einem Download (andere Band), wo er mir binnen Minuten weitergeholfen hat! Er war am Renovieren / Umziehen, und hat sich dennoch an einem Sonntag direkt gemeldet.

Dies ist nur eines der positiven Beispiele, welche ich bis dato mit SCR machen durfte - der Mann bietet Top-Service, ich kann mich nicht beschweren.

Bin schon heiß auf die Box.
Solange läuft das Album hier via CD. Und über Bandcamp können Ungeduldige ja auch schon lange rein hören und die Bands in der Pandemie direkt unterstützen ( morgen wäre bspw. Bandcamp-Friday ;)).

Moinsen,
Manchmal hilft nerven :D Aber stimmt, gerade wird umgezogen - bin schwer dran, das soll ja auch noch mehr Möglichkeiten bringen.
Im Ernst - Hast du per Shop oder Bandcamp bestellt? Bei Bandcamp müsstest Du den mittlerweile direkt bei Bestellung bekommen.
Gruß,
Robby // SCR

Zurück
Oben Unten