Anacrusis (Kenn Nardi) - Dancing With The Past

Von Facebook:

Exciting news about the new album...

As I posted a while back, I have been writing and recording some new songs.
I wasn't sure exactly which direction the material would be heading in, but with almost all of the songs finished aside from vocals on a few of them, I can say that it will lean more towards the heavier side of Dancing With the Past.
A bit of thrash, tons of heavy riffs, some orchestral stuff and lots and lots of melody (of course).

I'm VERY happy to say that the highly-respected Eliran Kantor will once again be providing the cover art (he just did the much-anticipated fully reunited Helloween album).
Eliran did Dancing With the Past and the Hindsight re-recordings and all his stuff is top-notch.
Lucky for me we've been friends for a while now or his britches would surely be too big for little old me. ;-) Seriously though, Eliran loves the new songs and I'm really hoping they inspire him to come up with his best cover ever (no pressure, Eliran)

The album will also be released by Divebomb Records, who did Dancing With the Past and the 2nd run of Hindsight.
Matt's an old friend and an ANACRUSIS fan and it's always great working with him (for me anyway, he might have a different opinion, ha).

No album title yet, but I'm leaving that open to see what Eliran comes up with.
Due to the whole Covid situation, production times are longer than usual, so we're hoping to have the album out by fall, but I plan to post a few songs between now and then as an appetizer. ;-)

More details will be posted as things become a bit more solidified, but I can say that based on the response from those who have heard the new songs I think fans of my previous music and of course, of ANACRUSIS should love it. \m/

In the meantime, here is a video of one of the new tunes I posted a couple months ago...

Von Facebook:

Exciting news about the new album...

As I posted a while back, I have been writing and recording some new songs.
I wasn't sure exactly which direction the material would be heading in, but with almost all of the songs finished aside from vocals on a few of them, I can say that it will lean more towards the heavier side of Dancing With the Past.
A bit of thrash, tons of heavy riffs, some orchestral stuff and lots and lots of melody (of course).

I'm VERY happy to say that the highly-respected Eliran Kantor will once again be providing the cover art (he just did the much-anticipated fully reunited Helloween album).
Eliran did Dancing With the Past and the Hindsight re-recordings and all his stuff is top-notch.
Lucky for me we've been friends for a while now or his britches would surely be too big for little old me. ;-) Seriously though, Eliran loves the new songs and I'm really hoping they inspire him to come up with his best cover ever (no pressure, Eliran)

The album will also be released by Divebomb Records, who did Dancing With the Past and the 2nd run of Hindsight.
Matt's an old friend and an ANACRUSIS fan and it's always great working with him (for me anyway, he might have a different opinion, ha).

No album title yet, but I'm leaving that open to see what Eliran comes up with.
Due to the whole Covid situation, production times are longer than usual, so we're hoping to have the album out by fall, but I plan to post a few songs between now and then as an appetizer. ;-)

More details will be posted as things become a bit more solidified, but I can say that based on the response from those who have heard the new songs I think fans of my previous music and of course, of ANACRUSIS should love it. \m/

In the meantime, here is a video of one of the new tunes I posted a couple months ago...

Beste Nachricht seit langem.
Ich bin entzückt:jubel:

Nicht ganz so zwingend wie der davor, aber auch ein Appetizer, der mich nach wie vor in freudiger Album-Erwartung nahezu unkontrolliert den Sabber laufen lässt.

Fanstastischer Song - Clarion Call - Youtube

Hier Kenn's ausführliche und bescheidene Antwort auf ein Kommentar zu seinem Gesangsstil:

You aren’t wrong, but again, it is all down to personal preference. I never use any reverb on my voice, but always use delay. It is what I like. It is a bit ‘80s throwback, but it is my style. You’d be shocked at how difficult it is to record my voice. The levels are crazy different. Of course I squash the hell out of it with tons of compression and limiting. I always double track virtually everything with my preferred track about 6 DB higher than the 2nd track. I absolutely hate bone dry vocals and would never, ever have my voice that way. I like to “play off of” the delay with my phrasing. You say the vocal should be a “few DB louder”. If you move my vocal level even 1db up or down it is like night and day. Trust me on this. Even though I use tons of processing, I still have to split the vocals into multiple tracks to get levels right. There is no level that works fir everything even with multiband compression. If I only sang, or only growled, etc this would not be the case, but my levels from word to word even can be insane. What you hear are absolutely mediocre takes. I am not a very good singer by any stretch and the days of doing 50 takes are long gone. I just don’t really have the time or desire for that. I am a terrible flawed perfectionist which is an awful combination. I have tried to get away from that by doing a thing and moving on. These songs were recorded shot-gun style with each generally taking maybe an hour to flesh out the main riffs, progression and arrangement. Then I work out the drums and track everything in a few hours and come up with the melodies and vocals within a day or two. Depending on whether I have a lyrical theme, the lyrics usually take less than an hour and the vocals about the same. Done and move on to the next song. Very similar to the way I did Cruel April. It’s not like the band days where there are riffs and bits all pieced together for weeks or months. And it is just a hobby as I work full time as a programmer. The music is written and recorded whenever I can get some time (usually between midnight and 3am). Another thing is that I do not like the words to be too clear. I intentionally under-enunciate a lot of what I sing. Just a personal thing. Sometimes it is due to the WAY I am growling, singing, etc, but usually not. I like the words to be a bit “hidden” so the listener hears it and then when they see the written lyrics they often uncover what I am saying. Once you KNOW the words, you can hear them much more clearly than you thought you could. It’s just how I like it. Everything is totally subjective. The crowded consonants are mainly because I have not gone through and aligned all of the double tracked stuff just yet. These are not “final” mixes just yet. A lot of that will be cleaned up, but I absolutely know what you mean. So, you are spot on in your observations, but every single person likes something different. I learned that long ago, so what I do is try my best to mix things how I like them to sound. If others like it, great. If not, at least I am happy with it. ;-) thanks for your comments though, you know your stuff but this is not dark side of the moon. it’s just an old dude in his basement ;-)

this is not dark side of the moon. it’s just an old dude in his basement ;-):verehr::verehr::verehr::verehr:

Die Tracklist und infos zum zweiten Soloalbum (von Facebook)

I wanted to give everyone an update on my new (yet untitled) 2nd solo album which will be released later this year by Divebomb Records

Everything is recorded and mixed and Eliran Kantor is still working to finish the cover art.

The album will contain 13 brand new songs.

The CD version will also contain a bonus disc with two more new songs and a few re-recorded versions of the ANACRUSIS favorites "Brotherhood?", "Release", "What You Became" and "Far Too Long".

The album will also be available as a 2 LP vinyl edition.

It looks like it will likely be released some time around October since C19 is still delaying productions times a bit. I hope to have full details including the cover art and definite release dates soon.

Here is a link to the opening track...

Here is the full track listing for the album:

01 Clarion Call 5:19
02 Masquerade 5:13
03 Trauma 4:50
04 A Reckoning 5:28
05 The Time For Tears (Dry Your Eyes) 4:33
06 Blessed Are 5:17
07 Quiet Wars 6:26
08 Shed My Skin 4:26
09 Absence Of Presence 5:32
10 No Surprise 4:52
11 Light Up The Shadows 6:22
12 Grace Is Greater 6:04
13 The Orphan 11:09

Ich habe heute Nacht vom Meister selbst auf Fratzenbuch gelesen, dass die Scheibe digital schon nächste Woche Freitag veröffentlicht wird - ich bin schon heiß wie Frittenfett, denn das Vorabzeugs find ich saugeil.
Dann wird der Release über Divebomb hoffentlich auch nicht mehr lange auf sich warten lassen.

Entgegen meiner Gewohnheiten hab ich mir den digitalen Download von Trauma gegönnt. Ist halt Kenn Nardi und Anacrusis seit jeher eine meiner Lieblingsbands.
Was soll ich sagen. Er haut mal so eben ein Meisterwerk raus, an denen sich die meisten Bands wieder messen müssen.
Gibt wenige die einen dermaßen eigenen Stil und Wiedererkennungswert haben. Als wäre zwischen 1994 und 2021 keine Zeit vergangen. Stimme, Power und Gitarrenspiel haben nichts an Charisma verloren.
Völlig zeitlos säuselt, singt und schreit sich der Mann durch 15 neue Songs und 4 Anacrusis "Remakes", dass die Fetzen fliegen.
Melodien für Millionen am laufenden Band, tolle eigenständige Riffs und ne gute Produktion, die "Dancing with the past" recht ähnlich ist.
Auffällig ist die wieder deutlich thrashigere Ausrichtung. Eine logische Fortführung von Anacrusis auch wenn es gegen Ende "symphonischer" wird. Das war aber bei Screams & Whispers auch schon so.
Natürlich würde ich einen echten Drummer bevorzugen aber Nardi weiß wie man so ein Ding ordentlich programmiert. Es fällt nicht negativ auf und ist gut in den Mix eingefügt. Schätze den meisten würde das nicht mal auffallen.

Komplett großartig :verehr:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Entgegen meiner Gewohnheiten hab ich mir den digitalen Download von Trauma gegönnt. Ist halt Kenn Nardi und Anacrusis seit jeher eine meiner Lieblingsbands.
Was soll ich sagen. Er haut mal so eben ein Meisterwerk raus, an denen sich die meisten Bands wieder messen müssen.
Gibt wenige die einen dermaßen eigenen Stil und Wiedererkennungswert haben. Als wäre zwischen 1994 und 2021 keine Zeit vergangen. Stimme, Power und Gitarrenspiel haben nichts an Charisma verloren.
Völlig zeitlos säuselt, singt und schreit sich der Mann durch 15 neue Songs und 4 Anacrusis "Remakes", dass die Fetzen fliegen.
Melodien für Millionen am laufenden Band, tolle eigenständige Riffs und ne gute Produktion, die "Dancing with the past" recht ähnlich ist.
Auffällig ist die wieder deutlich thrashigere Ausrichtung. Eine logische Fortführung von Anacrusis auch wenn es gegen Ende "symphonischer" wird. Das war aber bei Screams & Whispers auch schon so.
Natürlich würde ich einen echten Drummer bevorzugen aber Nardi weiß wie man so ein Ding ordentlich programmiert. Es fällt nicht negativ auf und ist gut in den Mix eingefügt. Schätze den meisten würde das nicht mal auffallen.

Komplett großartig :verehr:

Wo gibt es den Download?

Ich habe mir heute die ersten (freien) Songs angehört. Absolut klasse und, wie immer, einzigartig. Werde mir den Download wohl auch holen und dann auf den physischen Release hin fiebern:).
Und mein Lieblingssong -Release- ist auch in der neuen Version einfach nur umwerfend und nicht von dieser Welt…
@Oliver Weinsheimer: Bitte hol Kenn noch einmal nach Lauda;)

Klasse Album eines Ausnahmemusikers.
Gefällt mir richtig gut.
Den wieder höheren Thrash-Anteil finde ich super.
Dennoch super abwechslungsreich.
Top!

Zurück
Oben Unten