• 2007: Tres Dias
  • 2007: Somera Sól
  • 2008: Punk Rock Guilt
  • 2010: Gods And Goddesses
  • 2015: Black Power Flower
  • 2016: Tao of the Devil
  • 2017: Europe '16

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ist ein Guter, der Brant Bjork. "Saved By Magic", "Black Power Flower" sind Alben, die ich gerne höre, und das Live-Output "Europe '16" macht enorm viel Spaß.
Freu' mich auf die neue Scheibe!

dann hier auch nochmal

*** BRANT BJORK - MANKIND WOMAN ***

RELEASE DATE: September 14th
PRESALE STARTS: July 3rd - 6 pm C.E.T.

AVAILABLE IN
50 Test Pressing Vinyl (Only on HPS webshop)
100 Limited edition "Colour in Colour" Brown in Orange Vinyl (Only on HPS webshop)
250 Limited edition "3 colours A/B side Burs"t Yellow / Red / Brown Vinyl (Only on HPS webshop)
250 Limited edition "3 Colour Segment" Orange / Purple / Yellow Vinyl (Only on HPS webshop)
750 Limited edition "Splatter Version" Transp. Background / Yellow, Purple, Orange, Red, Brown
Black Vinyl
Digipak
Digital Download

Kyuss & Fu Manchu-legend Brant Bjork is back with a brand new record! Today the godfather of Desert Rock unveiled the hotly anticipated details about his thirteenth solo album titled 'Mankind Woman', set to be released September 14th 2018 on Heavy Psych Sounds Records!

Although this is indeed a Brant Bjork record it is the first record Brant so closely collaborate with a producer and co-writer; his Low Desert Punk Band guitarist and friend, Bubba Dupree. Brant and Bubba wrote and performed the music along with guest appearances by bass player Armand Secco Sabal, Nick Oliveri and vocalist Sean Wheeler who has been a touring member of the Low Desert Punk Band. The recording took place in March of 2018 at Zainaland, a creative villa owned by Brant Bjork's wife, Zaina Alwan, in the California desert town of 29 Palms. The record was recorded and engineered by Yosef Sanborn who also owns and operates Massive FX pedals in Los Angeles. Multiple pedals designed by Yosef were used by Brant and Bubba for this record. Additional tracks were recorded by Bubba Dupree at Brant Bjork's home studio in Venice beach California.

Brant and Bubba describe the sound of 'Mankind Woman' as modern classic. It is evidently clear that both Bjork and Dupree specialize in the craft of the sound and feel of the music spawned in the 60's and 70's. This record is inspired by this great era, however the intention was not to try to recapture or mimic in retro terms these influences but to strive for a contemporary quality. Brant Bjork might have gone deeper in the lyrics than on any record before. Focusing on personal sensitivities, elite hypocrisies, racism, sexism and the daily struggle to find peace, love and understanding in today's American society. Once again, Brant Bjork created a record that reminds the listener that it is the ingredients of the jazz, blues and funk, that makes rock music taste so good. A must-have for all collectors, genre-fans and beyond!

TRACKLIST
1. Chocolatize
2. Lazy Wizards
3. Charlie Gin
4. Mankind Woman
5. Pisces
6. Swagger & Sway
7. Somebody
8. Pretty Hairy
9. Brand New Old Times
10. 1968
11. Nation Of Indica

Album Art by Robin Gnista.

35076567_2069697996438483_3170495358409113600_n.png

More announcements! We are re-releasing all of my catalog on HEAVY PSYCH SOUNDS Records - with new art, new LP & CD art, rad colored vinyl options - and the first art reveal is Tres Dias! Release date 21st Sept 2018; Presale starts 3rd July!

Full announcement below.

Heavy Psych Sounds Records&Booking is really proud to start the reissuing of almost all the Brant Bjork music catalogue. The first two reissues will be Tres Dias and Local Angel.

Tres Dias is the fifth solo album released from desert rock musician Brant Bjork.
The album was recorded in Joshua Tree, California, USA, before Christmas 2006. The 8-track album is a mix of old and new tracks

“Some days I just like to sit outside under the sun with my guitar and sing my songs to myself. It relaxes me. It also reminds me of what my songs are about.
...went to Tony's house when I got back to the desert last October...put up a mic and rolled tape. It took 3 days to make this recording...so we naturally called it Tres Dias. Dig it.” Brant Bjork

The album was produced, recorded, and mixed in tres dias by Tony Mason at Back of the Moon Studios, Joshua Tree, CA.
All songs by Brant Bjork 2007 Dune Boogie Tunez BMI.
Original Art by Bunker/Bjork.
Reissue by Heavy Psych Sounds Records in September 2018. New reissue Art by Marcello “Rise Above” Crescenzi.

30 Test Press (only on HPS site)
250 LTD Vinyl in Green/Yellow Quad (only on HPS site)
500 LTD Vinyl in Gold
Black Vinyl
Digipack
Digital

35629258_1984907464866308_6026016464077586432_n.jpg

BRANT BJORK TO RE-RELEASE 'LOCAL ANGEL'
COMING THIS SEPTEMBER ON HEAVY PSYCH SOUNDS!

Presale: July 3rd - 6pm c.e.t.
release Date: September 28th

"Local Angel" reissue on HPS Records will be available in:

- 30 x Test Press (only on HPS webstore)
- 600 x "Side A/Side B" in Orange/Blue with Black/Alt cover (only on HPS webstore)
- 250 x "3 Colour Stiped" Red/Blue/Orange
- Black Vinyl
- Digipak
- Digital

New Artwork by the mighty: Maarten Donders !!

Heavy Psych Sounds Records & Booking is proud to announce another exciting re-release from Brant Bjork's music back catalogue! The first two reissues Heavy Psych Sounds are going to release this September will be the legendary records 'Tres Dias' and 'Local Angel'.

'Local Angel' is the fourth solo album by Desert Rock Godfather, Kyuss- and Fu Manchu- legend Brant Bjork. It is considered as his most intimate, peaceful and laid back record to date, mixing acoustic guitars and haunting melodies. Take a step back into the groove of the desert, tracks alike the folk of “Beautiful Powers”, the classic rock in “The Feelin'” to the laid back psychedelic funk of “Hippie”, 'Local Angel' was a soul spirit that stands alone in Brant's catalogue and outside of it.

Says Brant Bjork “Been a long time since i celebrated these recordings. Couldnt think of a better time to re-release. Fresh art to represent "brand new old times". Enjoy!”

The track list of 'Local Angel' reads as follows:

1. Beautiful Flowers
2. Hippie
3. Chico
4. The Feelin'
5. Bliss Ave.
6. Fly to Haiti
7. You're Alright
8. Spanish Files
9. She's Only Tryin'
10. The Good Fight

'Local Angel' has been produced by Brant Bjork and Tony Mason. This Brant Bjork classic has been recorded and mixed at Rancho de la Luna in February 2004 and was mastered by Mathias Cornelius von Schneeberger at Donnor & Blitzen.

'Local Angel' is set to be re-released by Heavy Psych Sounds Records on September 28th 2018. The new reissue artwork comes by Maarten Donders. The pre-order will start July 3rd 2018!

36228744_1926619617560505_1016056693773041664_n.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
"Neues" Album von BRANT BJORK. Neu sind die Songs insofern nicht, da sie aus einer Jamsession von 2010 stammen. Sie sind bis dato aber nie veröffentlicht worden.
50306170_2504114829663462_293789541301485568_n.jpg

Heavy Psych Sounds Records&Booking
is really proud to announce a NEW ALBUM:

*** BRANT BJORK - JACOOZZI ***

After the huge success of his latest, thirteenth solo-record 'Mankind Woman', which landed on numerous Best-Of lists in 2018, HEAVY PSYCH SOUNDS RECORDS is proud to release the upcoming new album by desert rock titan Brant Bjork! '
Jacoozzi' has already been captured on tape at a jam session back in 2010, but the tracks never made it on any of Brant Bjork's solo albums to date.

RELEASE DATE: April 5th
PRESALE STARTS: January 31st

AVAILABLE IN:
40 TEST PRESS
250 CLEAR GREEN VINYL
600 TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND – SPLATTER ORANGE-RED-YELLOW VINYL
BLACK VINYL
DIGIPAK
DIGITAL

Joshua Tree, California, 2010: Brant Bjork has just started to record another solo record.
About 4 days into the sessions, the desert rock king decided to abandon the 8 songs he was working on, and told his long time friend and engineer, Tony Mason, to start rolling tape and Brant proceeded to play drums in his natural improv style.
After multiple drum track performances were recorded, Brant started layering guitars, bass and percussion in the same improvisational spirit. The former Fu-Manchu and Kyuss-legend essentially decided to "jam" by himself and for the rest of his scheduled sessions.
When the recording session had come to an end, Brant put the 8 unfinished tracks on the shelf as well as his "solo jam session" tracks. “I was much more content with the "jam" tracks as it was a creative release that was needed at that time.“ he says. “I decided to call the collective tracks, Jacoozzi. At the time, it reminded me of the feeling of my first solo recording sessions for my first solo release, Jalamanta....only more "free".“

At that time in 2010, Brant had no formal plans to release any of the music from those sessions....'Jacoozzi' included. Almost a decade later, Heavy Psych Sounds Records is stoked to finally release this special trip of a Brant Bjork jam!

TRACKLIST
Can't Out Run The Sun
Guerrilla Funk
Mexico City Blues
Five Hundred Thousand Dollars
Black & White Wonderland
Oui
Mixed Nuts
Lost In Race
Polarized
Do You Love Your World?

Quelle: Heavy Psych Sound (FB)

################################################################################################

Eine Woche danach wird es noch einen Re-Release von "Keep Your Cool" geben:
50872847_2508036112604667_8487781217226194944_n.jpg

Heavy Psych Sounds Records&Booking
is really proud to announce:

*** BRANT BJORK - KEEP YOUR COOL (remastered)***

With 'Tres Dias' and 'Local Angel', which came out in the Fall of 2018, alongside BRANT BJORK's latest solo album 'Mankind Woman', HEAVY PSYCH SOUNDS has just announced to release BRANT BJORK's hotly anticipated 'Jacoozzi' in early April 2019. An album that has already been recorded in an intense jam back in 2010, but never seen the light of day before.

And since we can never get enough of a good Brant Bjork news, today HEAVY PSYCH SOUNDS has proudly announced to continue with the desert rock king's back catalogue and will reissue a remastered version of BRANT BJORK's pathbreaking masterpiece 'KEEP YOUR COOL' !!!

RELEASE DATE: April 12th
PRESALE STARTS: January 31st

AVAILABLE IN:
40 TEST PRESS
250 ULTRA LTD CLEAR BLUE VINYL
600 LTD WHITE SOLID MARBLED BLUE DARK BLUE- CLEAR SILVER VINYL
BLACK VINYL
DIGIPAK
DIGITAL

'Keep Your Cool' is the third solo album by the Kyuss- and Fu Manchu-legend, originally released back in 2003 with Duna Records. Full of the soul and funky laid-back grooves BRANT BJORK is known and loved for, tongue-in-cheek lyrics and sweet guitar licks oozing from the great 70's era vibes, 'Keep Your Cool' is still considered as one of BRANT BJORK's accessible and catchiest records to date. Tracks such as 'Hey, Monkey Boy', 'Johnny Called' or 'Gonna Make The Scene' became classics in the stoner rock scene, taken from an album that belongs to every well-sorted BRANT BJORK record collection.

TRACKLIST
1. Hey, Monkey Boy
2. Johnny Called
3. Rock-N-Rol'e
4. I Miss My Chick
5. Keep Your Cool
6. Gonna Make the Scene
7. Searchin
8. My Soul

Dear Friends & Fans

I am super stoked to announce my new album presale on "Heavy Psych Sounds Records"

*** BRANT BJORK - Brant Bjork ***

RELEASE DATE: APRIL 10th

ALBUM PRESALE :
https://www.heavypsychsounds.com/shop.htm#HPS129

USA PRESALE via All That is Heavy
https://allthatisheavy.com/

Here's also the first track premiere of the album. Please listen to the single **Jungle In The Sound** !!!

The track is a The Obelisk, VISIONS Magazin and Guitarpart Magazineexclusive:

https://smarturl.it/BB-JungleInTheSound

Today we also start the presale of 2 remastered BRANT BJORK masterpieces, both with brand new artwork from Dirty Donny:

*** PUNK ROCK GUILT - release date April 17th***
and
*** GODS & GODDESSES - release date April 24th***

The new self-titled Brant Bjork album will be RELEASED IN:

- 40 ultra ltd test press vinyl
- DELUXE EDITION: 100 ULTRA LTD COLOUR IN COLOUR TRANSPARENT RED / BLACK 12" VINYL + DIGIPAK + T-SHIRT + PATCH + BAG + POSTER + STICKER
- 250 LTD half - half / white red vinyl
- 700 LTD (500 for german market-200 from HPS stoner online) side a - side b / white background + mix red vinyl
- LTD splatter / transparent backgroud - red splatter vinyl
- black vinyl
- digipak
- digital

TRACKLIST
1. JUNGLE IN THE SOUND
2. MARY (YOU’RE SUCH A LADY)
3. JESUS WAS A BLUESMAN
4. CLEANING OUT THE ASHTRAY
5. DUKE OF DYNAMITE
6. SHITKICKIN' NOW
7. STARDUST & DIAMOND EYES
8. BEEN SO LONG

Even before you know it’s self-titled, and even before you read the LP liner notes, you know it’s all Brant Bjork.

82897917_2973920002631711_8934258697031385088_n.jpg

!!! ACHTUNG – ACHTUNG !!!

Dear heavy-psych rockers,

Due to the Covid-19 emergency and a whole series of consequences, such as the closure of stores, slowdowns in deliveries, ecc we have decided to postpone and reschedule our SPRING RELEASES.

We hope that this schedule remains definitive but in case the emergency continues even in the month of May, we will be forced to reschedule release dates again.

90675531_3708503775891222_5946190253453737984_o.jpg

Ich habe jetzt mal bei Jalamanta reingehorcht. Das tönt wunderbar wüstenmässig cool. Allein schon der Track "Too Many Chiefs ....Not Enough Indians"
brant-bjork-jalamanta-moshpitpassion-1024x539.jpg

*** BRANT BJORK - Bougainvillea Suite ***
Totally stoked to start the presale of my brand new album,
BOUGAINVILLEA SUITE and 2 REISSUES: KEEP YOUR COOL and BRANT BJORK & THE OPERATORS
RELEASE DATE:
OCTOBER 28th
ALBUMs PRESALE:
https://www.heavypsychsounds.com/index.html
USA PRESALE:
https://www.heavypsychsounds.com/shop-usa.htm
LISTEN TO THE FIRST SINGLE "Trip On The Wine" HERE:
https://youtu.be/v7D6pII4Dyg
--------------
*** BRANT BJORK - Bougainvillea Suite ***
- BRAND NEW album of the desert rock Legend -
RELEASED IN:
15 ULTRA LTD TEST PRESS VINYL
100 ULTRA LTD COLOR IN COLOR TRANSPARENT BACK. PINK/SPLATTER PURPLE VINYL
100 ULTRA LTD SIDE A-SIDE B PINK/WHITE/GREEN VINYL
250 LTD HALF-HALF BLACK/ORANGE/SPLATTER BLACK VINYL
MUSTARD VINYL
BLACK VINYL
DIGIPAK
DIGITAL
RELEASE DATE:
OCTOBER 28th
TRACKLIST
Trip On The Wine
Good Bones
So They Say
Broke That Spell
Bread For Butter
Ya' Dig
Let's Forget
Who Do You Love
“This is a bitter sweet record for me. So much change in my life. Some stuff more positive than others. But it’s always a blessing to be able to make a record and get the music out and to the fans. This is the last record to be recorded in my Joshua Tree studio. I’m saying good bye to an era and looking down the road toward new beginnings”
Brant
“Bougainvillea Suite”
Produced by Yosef Sanborn and Brant Bjork. Recorded at The Rad Cabin, Joshua Tree, CA.
Engineered and mixed by Yosef Sanborn.
----------
*** BRANT BJORK - And The Operators ***
- 20th Anniversary REISSUE of the BRANT BJORK sophomore album with new cover and coloured vinyls -
RELEASED IN:
150 ULTRA LTD 3 COLORED STRIPE YELLOW/ORANGE/RED VINYL
400 LTD HALF-HALF BLACK/WHITE VINYL
BLACK VINYL
DIGIPAK
DIGITAL
Brant Bjork and the Operators is the second solo album by desert rocker Brant Bjork. Although titled Brant Bjork and the Operators, Bjork sings and plays most instruments on the album. He is joined by friends Mathias Schneeberger and Mario Lalli to lend guitar and vocals.
After 20 years Heavy Psych Sounds is reissuing this sweat gem with a brand new cover and new coloured vinyl versions !!!
-----------
*** BRANT BJORK - Keep Your Cool ***
- REPRESS of the BRANT BJORK legendary album with new cover and coloured vinyls -
RELEASED IN:
100 ULTRA LTD HALF-HALF BLACK/ORANGE/SPLATTER BLACK VINYL
350 LTD TRANSPARENT YELLOW VINYL
BLACK VINYL
DIGIPAK
DIGITAL
'Keep Your Cool' is the third solo album by the Kyuss- and Fu Manchu-legend, originally released back in 2003 with Duna Records. Full of the soul and funky laid-back grooves BRANT BJORK is known and loved for, tongue-in-cheek lyrics and sweet guitar licks oozing from the great 70's era vibes, 'Keep YourCool' is still considered as one of BRANT BJORK's accessible and catchiest records to date. Tracks such as 'Hey, Monkey Boy', 'Johnny Called' or 'Gonna Make The Scene' became classics in the stoner rock scene, taken from an album that belongs to every well-sorted BRANT BJORK record collection.
Heavy Psych Sounds is now giving new life to this gem with a brand new cover and coloured vinyls !!

294634909_598342381655549_2302157346526341005_n.jpg

Zurück
Oben Unten