Celestial Voyages: der CYNIC-Thread

Die Online-Ausgaben von Bunte und Focus haben auch über Reinerts Tod berichtet, also die Agenturmeldung gebracht. Schon schräg.

Focus gehört zu meine Top3-Alben aller Zeiten. was für ein grandioses Meisterwerk, das passt jeder Ton, da sitzt jedes Break. Ich habe die CD damals als 16jähriger im Second Hand-Laden erstanden, war ein Blindkauf, ich wusste nur, dass das Album im MH gut weggekommen war. Hab dann auch einige Zeit gebraucht, um mich einzuhören, aber seitdem begleitet mich dieses Album.

Focus muss ich auch mal wieder auflegen.
Jedes mal denke ich mir "Das ist schon geil, die musst Du viel öfter hören.", nur um es dann doch nicht zu machen.

Von FB:

So, a little about this. Eggshell Repair Kit or ERK (pronounced like 'irk') is one of the projects Sean started after leaving Cynic in 2015. This was to be Seans take on a 70's/80's era fusion band with Sean composing the music, playing drums & keyboards and having guest musicians come on board to play guitar and bass. Think along the lines of Chick Corea Electric Band or Jean-Luc Ponty. Sean started the project with this Untitled track and a demo of it was completed a couple years back with Tymon Kruidenier playing guitar. As things often went in Seans life he got busy playing drums on other bands projects and had to put ERK aside for awhile. However, Sean stayed in close touch with other former Cynic members Jason Gobel, Tymon Kruidenier and Robin Zielhorst with the hopes of relaunching the project soon. About 8 months before Sean passed we purchased a home together and he assembled a drum tracking room and mix room. Sean finally was able to revisit ERK in 2019. Although a number of songs have been written for ERK, this is the only one that had any drums tracked for it. After Seans passing, Tymon asked me if he could finish it with Robin and Jason as it would feel like they got an opportunity to play with him one last time. I was hesitant at first because Sean was very much a perfectionist on drums and the drums on this track are not his final take. However, I agreed and let Tymon, Robin and Jason work their magic with what they had to work with. After a couple months went by Tymon sent me the final track mixed and mastered. I ran it by a couple of Seans very close friends to see if they felt it should be released and they all agreed it should. So without further ado, here is the Untitled track from Eggshell Repair Kit….. available today worldwide wherever you stream or download music.
Thanks,
-Tom

Heutiger Post bei Facebook - Sean Malone hat Selbstmord begangen.

On the passing of Sean Malone.

Since my friend and Cynic bandmate Sean Malone's passing in late 2020, many people have publicly speculated about, and privately reached out to me regarding, the circumstances of his death. I have kept my silence as I have worked through my grief and out of respect for Malone's privacy. Questions and rumors have persisted, so I want to share what I can with the many fans whose lives he touched so deeply and who are seeking closure.

On December 7, 2020, Malone was found dead by suicide in Largo, Florida, where his mother had lived. She had been ailing for some time before her death in 2018; Malone had been her sole caregiver during her difficult final year. Then, in January 2020, we suddenly lost our bandmate Sean Reinert. Combined with his mother's loss, it was an emotional double whammy that hit Malone hard.

After his mother’s death, we spoke often, having long chats about grief, loss, and the future of Cynic. I urged Sean to move out to California and live with me so he could get back on his feet and start fresh, and he did. I noticed a newfound vigor in Malone I hadn't seen before. He was excited to be in the world again, we were working on new music, and he even began teaching bass privately. Then came the pandemic. Everything shut down and so did Malone. His pain and suffering re-emerged and his light began to dim.

Matters took an unexpected turn. Late one early summer night, he disappeared. I called him, left messages, texted, emailed, contacted missing persons and everyone we had in common, but no one had heard anything. There was no response. He quit the world. My hope that he was regrouping in private and would turn up safely turned to heartache on December 7th.

As I share this sad news about his death, I want to celebrate his life by sharing one of his most beautiful and lyrical moments ever recorded, and one which his fans have not yet heard. A few years after the release of Cynic's Re- Traced EP, Sean Malone recorded fretless bass on this solo guitar and vocal track titled “Integral.” Here's a video celebrating his playing, and a full transcription in his honor along with the song file + transcriptions for download from Bandcamp.

https://listen.cyniconline.com/cynic-alliance

I am grateful to be able to share this video with you now, and I will share details about new music in the coming weeks. Please celebrate the genius and transcendent talent that was Sean Malone. Read more about his fascinating life, unique passions and accomplishments at his Wikipedia page.

As an act of support, and in honor of Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, I invite you to donate as you wish for the “Integral” song download which comes with a guitar/bass transcription of the song and an instrumental (no bass mix) for fellow musicians to play along with. 50 percent of proceeds will be shared with suicide prevention organizations To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA), and The Trevor Project. The remaining will go towards funding a documentary about the lives and artistry of Malone and Reinert.

With love and courage, Paul Masvidal

Edit: Wunderschöne Aufnahme :hmmja:

Morgen wird wohl etwas Neues angekündigt. Da verhält sich das Timing mal wieder merkwürdig, würde mich aber dennoch über ein neues Album freuen.

242060058_10159761090539808_5901505217028989239_n.jpg

Puh, die letzten Alben waren mir zu ambientlastig, wäre schön, wenn das wieder mal mehr in Richtung Debüt ginge...Muss mir heute mal den neuen Song anhören.

OK, neuen Song jetzt mehrfach gehört, aber da ist einfach gar nix mehr vom früheren Cynic-Spirit übrig. Belangloses Gewaber durchsetzt mit elektronischen Sounds, keine Struktur und noch schlimmer: keinerlei Atmosphäre. Technisch ist das natürlich wie immer großartig, aber ansonsten leider nichts für mich. Ich werde trotzdem mal in das komplette Album reinhören, aber das wird wohl nix.

Heutiger Post bei Facebook - Sean Malone hat Selbstmord begangen.

On the passing of Sean Malone

Edit: Wunderschöne Aufnahme :hmmja:
Liege schlaflos auf der Couch und bin am weinen. Wie er im Video den Bass abstellt am Schluss ist mit dem Wissen um seinen Weggang von dieser Welt schwer erträglich.

Zurück
Oben Unten