Der R.I.P.-Thread

R.i.P. Herr Fritsch, mir war er stets für seine tolle Arbeit als Synchronstimme von Jeremy Irons aufgefallen. Und Scar natürlich.

Shit!
Bereits letzten Monat ist Dan Sartain , bekannter Garage Rock, Blues, Rock-A-Billy Musiker im Alter von nur 39 Jahren verstorben.
"Don't speak about God at my Atheist Funeral."
Warst eine Art Underground Elvis und einer der wenigen, die ich unbedingt mal live sehen wollte.

RIP Dan

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Les McKeown, der Sänger der BAY CITY ROLLERS ist mit 62 Jahren gestorben.
Die Älteren werden sich vielleicht erinnern. Die Band war in den 70ern eine ziemlich große Nummer (angeblich 120 Mio. verkaufte Alben). Als 10jähriger hatte ich ein paar Singles. Neben dem typischen Popzeugs gab es auch ein paar rockige Nummern, die den kleinen Kiss of Death dann auch schnell in die richtige Richtung lenkten. War sozusagen der erste Appetithappen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Les McKeown, der Sänger der BAY CITY ROLLERS ist mit 62 Jahren gestorben.
Die Älteren werden sich vielleicht erinnern. Die Band war in den 70ern eine ziemlich große Nummer (angeblich 120 Mio. verkaufte Alben). Als 10jähriger hatte ich ein paar Singles. Neben dem typischen Popzeugs gab es auch ein paar rockige Nummern, die den kleinen Kiss of Death dann auch schnell in die richtige Richtung lenkten. War sozusagen der erste Appetithappen.
Uff. Sad News.
Unvergessen sein selbstironischer Auftritt bei Little Britain.

Bye Bye, Baby

Schreckliche Vorstellung:
Es wird jetzt wohl davon ausgegangen, daß die 53 Besatzungsmitglieder des gesunkenen indonesischen U-Boots ums Leben gekommen sind.

Nick Cave über Anita Lane in seinem neuen Red Hand Letter:

You think you know grief, you think you’ve worked out its mechanics, you think you’ve become grief-savvy — stronger, wiser, more resilient — you think that there is nothing more that can hurt you in this world, and then Anita dies.

Standing on the street in a baby-doll dress, surrounded by sunshine, laughing and radiating a piercing beauty of such force you stop breathing.

I could not believe my eyes.

Later, at my kitchen table drawing things, she had a quickness of touch and a clear, light line full of humour, throwing each drawing away and starting another, charged with a rampant, unstable, fatal energy that would follow her all her life. My line, amateur and ponderous.

Everyone wanted to work with her but it was like trying to trap lightning in a bottle. Mick Harvey managed to coral her into the recording studio, but these precious offerings are a fraction of what she was.

She was the smartest and most talented of all of us, by far.

Walked into the most prestigious art college in Australia — on a whim — and talked her way into being given a place there. Bought an easel, some butcher’s paper, some crayons, put on a dress, did her hair and never went back in.

She thought the best ideas were the ones that never saw the light of day.

She was the brains behind The Birthday Party, wrote a bunch of their songs, wrote ‘From Her to Eternity’, ‘The World’s a Girl’, ’Sugar in a Hurricane’ and my favourite Bad Seeds song, ‘Stranger Than Kindness’, but was much more than that.

How could something so luminous carry so much darkness?

Drank gin out of a baby’s bottle.

Despised the concept of the muse but was everybody’s.

Spoke in a child’s voice and was my best friend.

Two months ago, speaking to her on the phone she seemed a million miles away.

Loved her children more than anything. They were her pride and joy.

It was both easy and terrifying to love her.

Leaves a big, crying space.

Love, Nick

RIP El Risitas

w985_h554_x492_y306_2021-04-29_10_45_21-HSV_Fan_spricht_Klartext_-_YouTube-728647c9efde5a36.png

Zurück
Oben Unten