King Crimson

Hab mich grad dazu entschieden, dass mein KC-Projekt dieses Jahr die Anschaffung der sieben Boxsets und der beiden Vinyl-Sets sein wird.

Die letzten Wochen läuft bei mir wieder recht viel King Crimson. Lizard ist schon eine feine Scheibe, wenn auch anstregend. Circus hat es mir ja irgendwie angetan.

Irgendwie nur eine Frage der Zeit, dennoch schade, dass er nicht Mel Collins ergänzt. Wie fett das gewesen wäre (s. 21st Century Schizoid Band-Aufnahmen mit zwei Bläsern):

Theo Travis

I have some big news…I am excited to announce that I will be joining King Crimson for their 2019 World Tour. I will be playing keyboards in Bill Rieflin’s absence as he has family matters he is attending to. Whilst I have toured with Robert Fripp before in the Travis & Fripp duo and we have actually released five albums now, this is the first time I will have had anything to do with the mighty King Crimson - apart from loving their music for 30 years! The current line-up of the band is incredible and features some of my very favourite musicians – Robert of course, plus Tony Levin on bass, Jakko Jakszyk on guitar and vocals, Pat Mastelotto on drums, Jeremy Stacy on drums and keyboards, Gavin Harrison on drums (yes – 3 drummers!) and one of my all-time musical heroes the wonderful Mel Collins on saxes and flute. It will be a particular thrill for me to hear Mel’s wonderful solos every night. It is an extensive tour including 3 nights at the Royal Albert Hall in London (June 18-20), Radio City in New York (September 21), the Rock in Rio festival in Brazil and the stunning 15,000 seater amphitheatre in Verona, Italy. The full tour schedule is here: https://www.dgmlive.com/tours?liveshow=on Hope you can make one of the shows and maybe see you there. It is going to be amazing!

56940419_10157317816373594_2881180687698755584_o.jpg

:D Aus einer Präsentation, die heute über KC u.a. von RF gehalten wurde.

Rolling Stone magazine’s account of Robert Fripp’s press conference last weekend flags up no less than “15 things we learned,” and includes Hendrix, Duke Ellington and Scotty Moore making cameo appearances, as well as his thoughts on a Crimson lineup where there are “no prima donnas,” why studio albums aren’t likely in this band’s future, Steve Hackett’s near-invitation to replace Fripp in 1974, Lester Bangs, Crimso clams, and much much more besides...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/king-crimson-robert-fripp-press-conference-819254/

"FraKctured" in der ReConstruKction Of Light-Version mit hintergründigen Infos von Bob, warum das Schlagzeug neu vom Mastelotto neu geschrieben und neu und akustisch eingesielt wurde: Und es klingt toll!

Schon das neue Toyah Album gehört?

Edit: Ist ja gar nicht neu, nur neu Aufgelegt

Toyah will release a revelatory new studio reworking of her album In The Court Of The Crimson Queen on 12 April 2019. Written and arranged by Toyah Willcox and Simon Darlow, In The Court Of The Crimson Queen has been newly re-mixed and remastered and is released as a double CD package and digital. This release further cements Toyah’s status as an iconic name of British rock and pop and features five additional new tracks.

Die "Blue Meaning" fand ich klasse. War sie da schon mit Fripp zusammen?

This week's track celebrating 50 years of King Crimson comes from the '80s and is a particularly good version of The Sheltering Sky.

David Singleton once again provides a guided tour of this week's KC celebration which tells the tale of Dinosaur...

Live in Newcastle ist eben eingegangen und wird nun erstmalig gelauscht.

Live in Newcastle ist eben eingegangen und wird nun erstmalig gelauscht.

Sound geht klar und ist sehr viel besser als die meisten mir bekannten Live-Aufnahmen aus dieser Ära. Ist eine Monoaufnahme. Musikalisch ist es bombe! Ich würde sagen, das ist ein Must have.

Rezi: https://www.allaboutjazz.com/live-i...ng-crimson-dgm-live-review-by-john-kelman.php

Es gibt einige wenige TV-Aufnahmen mit Jamie Muir als Percussionist (die Beat Club-Sendung bspw.). Unbedingt anschaun!

DGM schrieb:
As part of King Crimson's 50th-anniversary celebrations the series of special KC boxed sets will be made available once again for fans who might have missed them first time around. A statement from Panegyric on the boxes.

"When we started compiling and making these sets, they were announced in good faith as once off limited editions. It's usually the case that this is all that's possible - given the prohibitive expense of running second or shorter runs. However, with some fans telling us that they could now only obtain sets at inflated secondary market prices and if we had plans to reissue, we asked our manufacturers if it would be possible to do a second, limited run (1,000 units) of each of the sets simultaneously with the manufacture of the forthcoming Heaven & Earth boxed set - knowing that some of the manufacturing parts are common/shared.

Fortunately this has proved possible and as the main aim of DGM is to serve King Crimson music, it's appropriate that all of these sets should be available during King Crimson's 50th anniversary year.

Heaven & Earth should be available by the end of May as planned. The existing sets will all be available again by mid-June.

A Complete 1969 recordings boxed set is scheduled for release in October."

I. Die.

Wie immer mit einer hörenswerten Einleitung:

King Crimson - The Light of Day [50th Anniversary | From Jakszyk Fripp Collins DGMLive 2018]

Zurück
Oben Unten