Kvelertak

Hey, Erlend here, there is no easy way to say this, so I'll just get straight to it.

It's necessary for me to part ways with Kvelertak.

The experience of building a successful band has been fun and rewarding but has also been equally intense and challenging. Over the years, this has taken its toll. As we've been developing personally and professionally, our individual goals, needs and motivations have changed, leading us in different directions.
Though it is a heavy decision to leave a life I've been living and breathing for the last decade, I feel happy and excited to explore new possibilities for the future.

Regrettably, due to circumstances out of my control, I am not able to perform the last four shows in Norway this summer. I apologize to the festival organizers and fans planning on these shows.

I would like to thank Bjarte, Kjetil, Maciek, Marvin and Vidar, our crew, bands we've toured with and everyone else who has worked with Kvelertak. Most importantly, I appreciate our awesome fans that have made everything possible. I'm very proud and grateful for everything we've accomplished as Kvelertak. I am genuinely thankful for everything we've experienced together and wish the band the best of luck and success in the future.

Kvelertakk for meg!

Erlend Hjelvik

verdammt schade

PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT
KVELERTAK WITH NEW VOCALIST, NEW ALBUM IN THE PIPELINE

We have known for a while that Erlend has planned to step down, so we have had the necessary time to plan the way going forward and also find a new vocalist for Kvelertak.

The original plan was to finish up the festival season with Erlend, but as Erlend is not able to do so, we are therefore proudly announcing our newest member at the upcoming show Friday, July 20th, at Fjellparken, Norway.

We would like to thank Erlend Hjelvik for his contribution to the band, and wish him all the best for the future.

-Vidar, Maciek, Bjarte, Marvin, Kjetil

Kvelertak is currently working on their next album, intended for release in 2019.

Ich denke so ein Keifer ist leichter zu ersetzen als ein echter Sänger... Ich habe auch gerade nicht parat wieviel er zum Songwriting beigetragen hat.. Mal schauen. Sie sollten die Linie des letzten Albums aber weiter verfolgen. .

Ich denke so ein Keifer ist leichter zu ersetzen als ein echter Sänger... .

Auf Platte eventuell, da kann ein neuer Sänger der Band sogar ganz gut tun. Stimmlich war Erlend ja doch etwas eindimensional unterwegs, und nach drei Platten mit demselben Gebrülle ist dann auch mal gut.

Aber für mich waren Kvelertak in erster LInie eine top Liveband. Und da war der gute Mann eine grandiose Rampensau. Der wird bei künftigen Konzerten eine plautzengroße Lücke hinterlassen und mir sehr fehlen.

IVAR NIKOLAISEN, WELCOME TO THE KVELERTAK FAMILY!

We are immensely excited to have Ivar on board, and what he will bring to the band.
Kvelertak has had a history with Ivar since the bands early days. Both as a tour companion with his other bands (Silver, The Good, the Bad and the Zugly), and as the guest vocalist on ‘Blodtørst’. Ivar is the frontman we could hope for, and nothing is more natural for us than for him to take over the throne.

Ivar himself states:

«I’ve been a huge fan of Kvelertak ever since I first saw them nearly ten years ago. It’s an honor to be a part of the band! I will not try to copy Erlend. Erlend is a lion. I’m just a small rat. But this rat is pissed off, infectious, and full of pestilence—ready to take this machine to new heights!”

37548062_10155466132565685_3252445155482927104_n.jpg

We will see you all on the road sooner than later.

KVELERTAK

Photo : Stian An

Nach über ein Jahr mal wieder alle drei Alben angehört.
Die Musik gefällt mir noch immer aber von Album zu Album fehlt mir immer mehr der Faktor "ohhhr ist das geil"
Ich befürchte das, dass nächste Album micht garnichtmehr vom Hocker haut.

Nach der Erstlauschung des neuen Songs setzt wohl bei mir das ein was ich befürchtet habe. Obwohl ich nicht dieser Typ sein möchte, kann ich nichts mit dem neuen Frontmann anfangen. Instrumental ists noch okay, aber mitm Gesang dann nicht mehr. Schade.

Zurück
Oben Unten