SAVATAGE - Listenwahn und mehr...

Ich glaube aber schon, dass Mr. Oliva sich dessen bewusst ist, das die Poets nicht das Sahneteil in der Slava-Discographie ist und die Umstände auch nicht die besten waren! Von daher bin ich mir ziemlich sicher, das es gut wird!

Ich glaube aber schon, dass Mr. Oliva sich dessen bewusst ist, das die Poets nicht das Sahneteil in der Slava-Discographie ist und die Umstände auch nicht die besten waren! Von daher bin ich mir ziemlich sicher, das es gut wird!
Gebe dir Recht, aber gleichzeitig warne ich, auch wenn es mir schwer fällt: Bislang ist das, was wir wissen, nichts mehr als irgendwelche Absichtserklärungen - und das von genau einem Bandmitglied kommuniziert. Wenn der Mastermind himself ankündigt, ins Studio zu gehen, dann werde ich feu..., äh, sehr nervös!

Cooles Interview mit Jon :

https://defendersofthefaithmetal.com/jon-oliva-savatage-trans-siberian-orchestra-interview/

"I can’t close this interview without asking the inevitable question: Do you think Savatage has anything left to say in a creative or live capacity? Or are you satisfied with the 2015 Wacken show serving as the band’s final chapter?

JO: Well I think the 2015 Wacken show was great for Savatage to go out live that way. It was a huge production and there were 100,000+ people there, even in the rain. I got lit on fire at that show, but that’s another story. We’ve talked about doing things in the studio and maybe doing another record. I have probably three albums worth of Savatage material sitting on demos, but our main concern is TSO obviously. I feel we owe it to Paul. Paul did so much for all of us.

........ And we’ve talked about doing another Savatage record with everybody, even having (Steve “Doc”) Wacholz come in and play on stuff.

This whole COVID thing has really fucked everything up in a serious way. All we’re trying to do is figure out what we can do to make the fans happy. Yes, we’ve talked about doing a Savatage thing and everybody’s in for it. We even talked about going out and doing a couple festival shows. But you can’t do a show right now. All the material is there and ready to go. We just have to play it day by day with all this stuff that’s going on. I’m sure the fans understand that because most of them are in the same boat. Maybe in a different way, but a lot of them have lost their jobs. A lot of them are dealing with this thing. I can’t go to Thanksgiving dinner with my family and stuff like that. All we’re doing is doing what we can do to give whatever we can give to the fans.

Nothing is shut down. Savatage is a possibility. Doctor Butcher is a possibility. TSO is going to continue. Romanov is our next project and we’re working on it. We have a lot done on that. We just need everything to clear up to where I can fly people. I have people in Canada and Europe. I have to safely fly them here to Tampa and put them in the studio. I’m not willing to jeopardize anybody’s lives until I know everything is safe.

https://defendersofthefaithmetal.com/jon-oliva-savatage-trans-siberian-orchestra-interview/

"I can’t close this interview without asking the inevitable question: Do you think Savatage has anything left to say in a creative or live capacity? Or are you satisfied with the 2015 Wacken show serving as the band’s final chapter?

JO: Well I think the 2015 Wacken show was great for Savatage to go out live that way. It was a huge production and there were 100,000+ people there, even in the rain. I got lit on fire at that show, but that’s another story. We’ve talked about doing things in the studio and maybe doing another record. I have probably three albums worth of Savatage material sitting on demos, but our main concern is TSO obviously. I feel we owe it to Paul. Paul did so much for all of us.

........ And we’ve talked about doing another Savatage record with everybody, even having (Steve “Doc”) Wacholz come in and play on stuff.

This whole COVID thing has really fucked everything up in a serious way. All we’re trying to do is figure out what we can do to make the fans happy. Yes, we’ve talked about doing a Savatage thing and everybody’s in for it. We even talked about going out and doing a couple festival shows. But you can’t do a show right now. All the material is there and ready to go. We just have to play it day by day with all this stuff that’s going on. I’m sure the fans understand that because most of them are in the same boat. Maybe in a different way, but a lot of them have lost their jobs. A lot of them are dealing with this thing. I can’t go to Thanksgiving dinner with my family and stuff like that. All we’re doing is doing what we can do to give whatever we can give to the fans.

Nothing is shut down. Savatage is a possibility. Doctor Butcher is a possibility. TSO is going to continue. Romanov is our next project and we’re working on it. We have a lot done on that. We just need everything to clear up to where I can fly people. I have people in Canada and Europe. I have to safely fly them here to Tampa and put them in the studio. I’m not willing to jeopardize anybody’s lives until I know everything is safe.

Ein großartiges Interview, sehr aufschlussreich. Vielen Dank für den Link ! :top:

Tolles Interview!
Vor allem hier musste ich schmunzeln:

"When the TSO idea came out, I thought Paul was out of his mind. I thought, “Great. Now my best friend and producer has finally cracked up. He wants to turn me into the heavy metal Santa Claus.”

Köstlich.
:D

Tolles Interview!
Ich bin noch am hadern ob ich mir diesen Stream am 18. gönnen soll oder nicht. Bin ja doch eher der Savatage-Hörer und kenne TSO gar nicht so richtig.

(Ist wohl auch sehr unwarscheinlich dass da vereinzelt Savatage Sachen gespielt werden, oder? Hab mir mal ein paar Setlists angesehen.)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Es gibt Songs (Believe und einer von der Dead Winter Dead, wo mir der Name gerade nicht einfällt), die auf Savatage und auf TSO Veröffentlichungen erschienen sind.
Insofern werden vermutlich auch Songs gespielt werden, die VON Savatage bekannt sind.

Muss mir da mal was von anhören. Ist ja auch nicht ganz billig, der Spaß.
Meine Erinnerungen an den Wacken-Gig 2015 (Savatage UND TSO auf 2 Bühnen gleichzeitig!) ist doch zu schwammig.
Ich meine: Das war der Hammer! Aber ich kann mich wirklich nur noch an die Savatage Sachen erinnern ...
(inklusive Believe)

War glaube ich damals ein Duett..?
Fand ich ok. Jon hat an dem Abend mit all dem anderen Material eine sehr gute Figur gemacht (pun probably intended).
:- )

Es gibt Songs (Believe und einer von der Dead Winter Dead, wo mir der Name gerade nicht einfällt), die auf Savatage und auf TSO Veröffentlichungen erschienen sind.
Insofern werden vermutlich auch Songs gespielt werden, die VON Savatage bekannt sind.

Sarajavo Christmas Eve von der DWD ist eigentlich fester Bestandteil bei TSO, wurde ja unter deren Namen auch erst richtig groß der Song. Und ich meine "Chance" ist da auch regelmäßig im Liveprogramm bei TSO sind. Mir aber alles Wurst, finde eigentlich alles an TSO recht schlimm - fängt allein bei diesen aalglatten Castingshow Sängern an.

2005, Masterplan in der Markthalle. Wir hatten die Kinder mit (damals 11 und 8). Passte ganz gut, weil Gründonnerstag und demnach Osterferien. Vorgruppe waren Circle II Circle. In der Zugabe schmetterte Zak Stevens Edge of thorns. Alter, war das geil!!! Stevens kann alles singen, dem nehme ich auch Believe ab! Dieses Stimmungslevel konnten Masterplan anschließend in 90 Minuten kein einziges Mal reissen!

Ich kann das total nachvollziehen. Aber nachdem ich das Interview mit Jon las hatte ich spontan richtig Bock drauf. Hmm ...

Im Januar 2014 haben TSO in Berlin "This Is The Time", "Handful Of Rain", "Gutter Ballet", "The Hourglass", "Believe", "All That I Bleed" und "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)" von Savatage gespielt. Das ganze Konzert war absolut fantastisch:verehr::verehr::verehr:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Tolles Interview!
Ich bin noch am hadern ob ich mir diesen Stream am 18. gönnen soll oder nicht. Bin ja doch eher der Savatage-Hörer und kenne TSO gar nicht so richtig.

(Ist wohl auch sehr unwarscheinlich dass da vereinzelt Savatage Sachen gespielt werden, oder? Hab mir mal ein paar Setlists angesehen.)
Steht doch ziemlich eindeutig auf der Website:

Join us for your favorite rock holiday tradition this season as Trans-Siberian Orchestra brings an electrifying 90-minute performance of its beloved album, “Christmas Eve and Other Stories” directly into your home.

This live stream event on trans-siberian.com will take place on December 18th at 8 PM EST and features the story and the music that started it all (but don’t worry - we didn’t forget about the lasers!).

In addition to the full album concert, fans will view special pre-show content including behind-the-scenes footage and classic interview segments.

Don’t miss this all-new take on the story that launched a winter tradition for all ages, “Christmas Eve & Other Stories.”

Also hör in das erste TSO Album rein. Wenn dir das gefällt, wirst du sicherlich auch am Livestream Gefallen finden. Mehr ist nicht bekannt, aber auf Savatage deutet nicht viel hin bis auf Sarajevo 12/24, das ja auf diesem Album (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Eve_and_Other_Stories) auch vertreten war.

Zurück
Oben Unten