Tracklist
  • (1971 -1974)
  • ( “Selected by Okta Logue”)
  • A-Side
  • 01 Nektar – Good Day
  • 02 Frame - Frame Of Mind
  • 03 Wyoming - I'll Be Back
  • 04 Message - When I'm Home
  • 05 My Solid Ground – Melancholie (Edit)
  • B-Side
  • 01 Krokodil - And I Know
  • 02 Karthago - Sound In The Air
  • 03 Pell Mell - Moldau (Edit)
  • 04 Nine Days’ Wonder - It's Not My Fault
  • 05 Epsilon - Between Midnight
  • Bonus Tracks (Digital Only)
  • 01 Frame - All I really want explain
  • 02 Nektar - Remember the Future pt.1 (Edit)
  • Spotify Playlist
  • https://open.spotify.com/user/1123550090/playlist/6d7ALG2S5Eil1ScBHYPFsD
  • VINYL
  • (2012 –
  • 02015)
  • C-Side
  • 01 Wedge - ´61 SG
  • 02 Kadavar – Living In Your Head
  • 03 Heat – Loving Devotion
  • 04 Mountain Witch – Shrubbery The Warlock
  • 05 Space Debris – Cat Flow
  • D-Side
  • 01 The Picturebooks – Your Kisses Burn Like Fire
  • 02 Travelin Jack – Steely Sun
  • 03 Lucifer – Anubis
  • 04 Suns Of Thyme – The Years We Got Are Not Enough
  • 05 WolveSpirit – Shining
  • 06 Okta Logue – Bright Lights
  • Bonus Tracks (Digital Only)
  • 01 Cliffsight – Rascal Girl
  • 02 Supreme Galore – Shaman Says
  • 03 Peoples Temper – Fix Me Up
  • 04 Odd Couple – Nightcrawl
  • 05 Loveland – Missing Link

German Rock Scene - The Clash Of Ages .connects the early days of the German Rock movement, especially music of the legendary bacillus record label, with the current Psych-/Prog-/Retro- Rock scene in Germany.

To build a bridge between the two eras, Okta Logue, whose style is often referred to as being influenced by '60s psychedelic rock bands, picked their favorite tunes of the bacillus catalogue to shape disc 1 of this outstanding 2CD/2LP rock document.

With exclusive liner notes by one of the last remaining contemporary witnesses, former bacillus records cover designer and book author Helmut Wenske aka Chris Hyde, who became well known for his psychedelic artwork for bands like Nektar.

one are the times when Rock music from Germany was ridiculed. While at the beginning of the seventies still a lot of bands were imitating anglophone role models, others existed at the same time who made themselves independent in style, breaking completely new grounds and becoming pioneers of their own.

The bow is drawn from Amon Düül 2 over Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream to Fehlfarben and D.A.F.

as well as more heavier variations of internationaly successful acts such as Sodom, Helloween, Accept and Rammstein.

To the extent that German musicians became more selfconfident and began marking out their own terrain with exploring chuzpah and artistic adventurousness, the international attention for their work grew.

Rock music from Germany today not only is en vogue. It is established as autonomous shape of interpretation beyond all trends specified by Brits or Americans.

Other German bands - Kadavar or WolveSpirit for example - understood themselves as internationaly from the early beginnings with a not recognizable German origin.

The Rock scene in Germany has come a long way. Completed is the process of assimilation and emancipation, which had started at the end of the sixties.

The urge to imitate transformed into a partnership in creativity. Not only the bands on this compilation shall be thanked but also all of those who have paved the way, artists and bands like The Kentuckys, the Petards, Ihre Kinder, Udo Lindenberg, Can, Grobschnitt, Guru Guru, Abwärts, Faust, Einstürzende Neubauten, Palais Schaumburg, Trio, Atari Teenage Riot, Rausch, Nitrovolt, The Notwist and so on.

Gratitude is owed also to the labels for offering a platform for exposure at an early stage to all of those who were different, labels like Admiral, Pläne or bacillus records.

Music from Germany is so much more than just Boney M. and Silver Convention, more than BAP, Die Toten Hosen or Doro Pesch.

For over forty years now Rock music from Germany has been a multifaceted happening on its own.

And that is something we are allowed to be a little bit proud of, aren't we? Laabs Kowalski Music journalist who writes for Classic Rock Magazine

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sieht interessant aus. Ich hab' schon ewig keinen Sampler mehr gekauft, wozu auch? Aber das Ding könnte man sich tatsächlich für künftige Sit-Ins in die Bude holen.

Zurück
Oben Unten