RYM lesenswerte Reviews

Nepomuk

Dawn Of The Deaf
Ich les viel in https://rateyourmusic.com und habe eine Zeiles eines meiner Lieblingsreviews zur Signatur geadelt.

Hier sollen wirklich lustige, coole oder interessante Reviews verewigt werden, ich fang mal an:

User Djoom:
Type O Negative might be my favorite Metal band overall but in the category of Extremity and darkness. Celtic Frost is the king. Celtic Frost is everything, Tom Warrior is life. Tom Warrior is the reason for being. the Sun sets every night because it's trying to escape from Tom Warrior. When Tom Warrior cries it rains blood and gore in heaven, and hell loses all its fire. Tom Warrior is Immortal because Lucifer is afraid Tom will take over hell when he dies. When Tom Warrior makes an album Cthulhu, God, Satan, and Jörmungandr all cower in terror.
The only reason you are alive today is because Tom Warrior deemed it so, he can blink us out of existence if he wants to. Tom Warrior goes through four or five mikes a day, because his voice turns them into ash and sulfur. Tom Warrior cannot be cloned, because that would require Eldritch blood. When Tom Warrior smiles a metalhead is born in a field of fire and bone, with dragons and banshees screaming at the blood moon. Earthquakes are merely the sound of Tom Warrior's guitar. Guitars didn't even exist until Tom Warrior made Death Fiend, he is that good.
When you are sad, think about Tom Warrior. Because he is thinking about how you should get over yourself, and stop being a wuss.
Tom Warrior, Tom Warrior, Tom Warrior, Tom Warrior, Tom Warrior, Tom Warrior.
This album is a masterpiece.
(Quelle: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/celtic-frost/to-mega-therion/reviews/2/)

User razumov22:
Whereas Venom has a goofy speed metal/inept NWOBHM sound and Celtic Frost comes off as a primordial soup of extreme metal subgenres, Bathory is decidedly a clear antecedent for the Norwegian black metal sound; the spooky and wintery atmospheric intro, the shrieked vocals, the driving almost-blast beat rhythms, the lo-fi production, and of course the singular dark focus of the lyrics are all clear signifiers of this fact.
That being said, with the possible exception of very early Mayhem and Burzum's first album, Bathory's sound has a completely different feel to it than subsequent black metal artists.
Namely, whereas later black metal is cloaked in a frozen introspective evil that is deceptively relaxing, Bathory's music is burning with an aggressive and purely destructive evil. To analogize, if Hvis Lysset Tar Oss or Transilvanian Hunger is an ancient wizard that stalks you in the forest and eventually encases you in a chamber of ice, Under the Sign of the Black Mark is a chain-smoking demon that's coming right at you and intends to sodomize you with its flaming cock.
If subsequent black metallers were trying to sound as evil and threatening as this they certainly failed and Bathory deserves credit for his unparalleled and unrelenting sloppy aggression.
Me, I guess I prefer the more precise coldness of the later stuff. I don't know how, when or why I'd listen to this album: It's unsuitable to headphone introspection but also a bit too aggressive and unhinged to party or "rock out" to. Maybe I need to be angrier.
(Quelle: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bathory/under-the-sign-of-the-black-mark/)

Ich feier das! :)

Zurück
Oben Unten