Malokarpatan

As work has commenced on the new Malokarpatan record titled 'Vertumnus Caesar', here is an update from main songwiter and guitarist Adam regarding the album's themes and influences!

Finishing our Folk Horror album trilogy and going through a difficult time in my life where I drifted between living in Sweden and finally returning back to Slovakia, the time has now come to begin a new chapter. After shelving two different album concepts complete with lyrics, I've settled on what I've dreamed of doing for many years – a concept LP about Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, initiate in occult arts and an important cultural figure of Central Europe where we come from.

Fuelled by our new drummer Axel Johansson and inspired by my time up north, the album will hold several Swedish collaborators, as our type of music has far more fertile ground there than in our homeland. The album will be titled Vertumnus Caesar and will be a return to more catchy, classic heavy metal/rock inspired songwriting while at the same time going deeper into our fascination with the strange aural worlds of 70s prog. All seen through the prism of early iron curtain black metal, as perfected by Kat, Tormentor or Törr. Pictured below is a portrait of the Kaiser by Hans von Aachen, taken during one of my trips to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.

To be released in 2023 via Invictus & The Ajna Offensive.

Von der Invictus Seite:

Invictus Productions in conspiracy with The Ajna Offensive is pleased to announce the fourth Malokarpatan album Vertumnus Casear, which is now at press to be released later in 2023 (release date tbc). Continuing in the inimitable Malokarpatan style, Vertumnus Caesar leans a little heavier into more traditional heavy metal sounds and as a whole, is the band's most cohesive sounding album to date! Expect a track to be aired soon ahead of the release. The vinyl edition will be on regular black vinyl and limited brown vinyl. Artwork and layout by Astrid Bergdahl.

Von Malokarpatans Facebook Seite:

Since many have asked for it, the "Metafyzika barbarstva" EP by Stangarigel is now available also digitally on Bandcamp.

In other news, we've just received the test press of Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar and are hoping to get a release date estimate in the following weeks, after which we and Invictus Prod. will publish a preview song.

Würd ich gern mal wieder live sehen!!!

Same here! Leider sieht's diesbezüglich aktuell nicht gut aus. Mastermind Adam schrub heute auf Facebook: "We unfortunately won't be active live in the foreseeable future. It's due to a mixture of various reasons, many of them being logistic - such as having a drummer from another country, the new material being impossible to be adequately reproduced live in just 4 people etc. So perhaps in a more distant future around album no. 5! Which I already am composing as usual."

Der Vorab-Track könnte aus meiner Sicht für Malo-Verhältnisse schon fast zu eingängig sein. Dass Adam zuletzt eine Zeit lang in Schweden ansässig war, hört man schon ein bisschen raus. Mir wäre eigentlich ganz lieb, wenn der Schrägo-Faktor auch auf dem neuen Album nicht zu kurz kommt. Gespannt bin ich allemal. Ich bin mir aber sehr sicher, dass wir es mit dem besten Konzept-Album über Rudolf II. zu tun haben werden, dass jemals veröffentlicht wurde...!

Zurück
Oben Unten