The Rocker - Der Thin Lizzy Thread

das wird ja immer verrückter mit den lizzy-shows 2016!!
erst mikkey dee (der jetzt mdoch keine zeit hat), jetzt scott travis (ich denke, der nimmt mit priest ne neue scheibe auf...):
Mikkey Dee:
"Unfortunately, due to circumstances that will be announced very soon, I cannot play the six shows with Thin Lizzy in 2016 & 2017. As a life long fan of the band, I truly wish I could have been a part of this, but the reason will be revealed as soon as possible. I wish my great friends Scott Travis and Ian Haugland all the best with these shows and I know they will kick ass!"

On his appointment, Judas Priest’s Scott Travis adds:
"First of all, let me offer a sincere Thank You to Brian Downey and Thin Lizzy for allowing me to sit in with the band! Thin Lizzy are undisputed legends and to be a small part of their lineage is a humble honor for me. I hope to do the position good. It's gonna' be a blast!"
(facebook)

Scott Travis?? Das ist die denkbar schlechteste Wahl, ein schrecklicher Drummer. Technisch einwandfrei, aber man sieht und hört ihm an, dass er permanent Langeweile hat. :thumbsdown:

Billard-Queue.jpg

Das ist Manuel. Er ist von Barcelona. Er spielt zwar nicht Schlagzeug, aber ansonsten kann er fast nichts.

Zurück zum Thema: Thin Lizzy find ich fantastisch. Besonders Chinatown. Die ist weitestgehend unterbewertet. :D
Du meinst die Scheibe mit dem Hit 'Didn't I'. Ja, kann man hören.

THIN LIZZY ANNOUNCE BASS PLAYER AND NEW DRUMMER FOR ANNIVERSARY SHOWS

Thin Lizzy are very proud to announce Aerosmith’s Tom Hamilton will be playing bass on the forthcoming Anniversary shows planned for 2016 / 2017.

Tom, an Aerosmith founding member, joins Guitarists Scott Gorham & Damon Johnson, together with Lead Vocalist Ricky Warwick and Keyboard Player Darren Wharton on the upcoming shows:

Tom Hamilton: “I’m really psyched to be playing these shows with Thin Lizzy during my downtime with Aerosmith this summer. It’ll be great to rock out to their classic songs onstage”.

In addition to Tom’s appointment on Bass, previously announced Motorhead drummer Mikkey Dee has been replaced by Judas Priest Drummer Scott Travis on all shows except August 6th in Sweden, where Europe drummer Ian Haugland will be on the drum stool.

Mikkey Dee: “Unfortunately, due to circumstances that will be announced very soon, I cannot play the six shows with Thin Lizzy in 2016 & 2017. As a life long fan of the band, I truly wish I could have been a part of this, but the reason will be revealed as soon as possible. I wish my great friends Scott Travis and Ian Haugland all the best with these shows and I know they will kick ass!”

On his appointment, Judas Priest’s Scott Travis adds:
“First of all, let me offer a sincere Thank You to Brian Downey and Thin Lizzy for allowing me to sit in with the band! Thin Lizzy are undisputed legends and to be a small part of their lineage is a humble honor for me. I hope to do the position good. It’s gonna’ be a blast!”

Mir hat es sich noch nie erschlossen wie man nach 1985 ein Thin Lizzy Konzert besuchen kann. Das wäre für mich so wie heutzutage auf ein Motörhead Konzert zu gehen.

Zurück
Oben Unten