Viel zu wenig Maiden hier... der IRON MAIDEN-Thread

Selber schuld! Folie ab = brutaler Wertverlust bei Wiederverkauf in 30 Jahren. :D

Wenn meine finanziellen Mittel nahezu unbegrenzt wären, würde ich mir womöglich auch mal mehrere Versionen eines Tonträgers kaufen. Sind sie aber leider nicht.
auch dafür gibts lösungsoptionen: keine klamotten mehr kaufen (außer maiden shirts und motörhead schlüpper natürlich), die nahrungsmittel durch die frau oder ein anderes familienmitglied besorgen lassen (mutti?) und zu guter letzt der allseits beliebte dispokredit!!!
also: keine ausreden:D!!!

ich konnte musikalisch mit shinedown auf der aktuellen tour nicht wirklich was anfangen, aber beim lesen dieses statements auf shinedowns facebook seite, hatte ich echt gänsehaut und mich in vielen punkten wiedergefunden.

here we go:

Not but a few hours removed from what, without a doubt was the best and most memorable European and United Kingdom tour we have ever done in our career. . .

Touring with Iron Maiden is something that will live with us forever . . .

For me from the day this tour was announced I had trepidation going into it . . .Only because I knew that Iron Maiden fans were notoriously known for being amazingly hard on support acts . . . Also luckily for us being a support act isn’t something that we have had to have to do in a while. . . In a touring capacity. .

All I would hear from my friends before the tour is that. .”You are just something in between these people and their favorite band. . The reason they live. . If YOU weren’t here. . Iron Maiden could go on earlier”. .

And I have to tell you. . Our experience ended up being completely opposite of this. .

We’ve opened for numerous bands that we didn’t fit in with at ALL musically that were known for having fans that were brutal to openers . . . Kiss, Metallica, Slayer etc.

I’ll tell you this . . . the aforementioned are hard. . But not nearly as hard as turning a Maiden crowd onto your side . . .

Which leads me to say this . . . These are the most loyal and dedicated and genuine fans I have ever seen in my entire life . . .of any band . . .ever . . .

It was an odd combination to begin with . . .

We know we are not a metal band. . We are a rock band with a lot of pop songs. .

The Maiden fans that I thought would tear us apart were some of the best people we have ever had the pleasure of playing in front of . . .

I made so many memories with so many of these fans. . Who completely weren’t having anything Shinedown was selling in the beginning . . . to Torben Breeg whom made me laugh hysterically every night before Diamond Eyes . . . To the guy who’s been to 242 Maiden shows. . To Michael Kasuba . . . a guy who started this tour out on his phone the entire time in the front row. . And would never look up . . .by the last show. . Was singing along to every song . . .You seriously made the tour that much better for me . . .seeing your hand raise got me way more emotional than you’ll ever know. . It felt like a triumph . . .

Hearing Maiden fans approach us daily and tell us how they’ve seen other bands have it so rough on them. . And how much they enjoyed us on that tour meant everything to us . . . tonight in London we felt like the entire crowd had their arms around us . . .it was something we will never forget . . .

If we turned even 15% of the people who we played for into Shinedown fans . . .

And if you’re only 15% as loyal to us as you are to Maiden. . We’d be over the moon with excitement. .

Maiden fans are in a league of their own . . . Its one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen . . . They TAKE over a city . . . It was such an amazing sight walking around each day in the city and seeing Thousands and Thousands of Maiden shirts . . . you truly are one of a kind . . .

I have never in my life seen a bigger Merch band. . Ever. . I don’t care what anyone thinks . . . The Loyalty and Dedication these fans show is un-matched. . PERIOD!

So finally to the fans. . Thanks for listening to our band . . .and giving us that chance. . You were a sight to behold every single night!!

To Steve, Bruce, Nicko, Dave, Adrian, Janick . . .you are some of the classiest gentleman we’ve ever had the pleasure of touring with . . .you treated us second to none . . . and we hope we will always carry that with us. .

To the Maiden crew . . . You are a class act top to bottom. . . We felt like family from day one . . . you went above and beyond to accommodate the 4 of us. . And our crew. . And it was greatly appreciated . . .

Thanks for one of the best experiences of our lives. . Every night we had to work for it . . .it was humbling and truly an honor.

- Zach Myers

auch dafür gibts lösungsoptionen: keine klamotten mehr kaufen (außer maiden shirts und motörhead schlüpper natürlich), die nahrungsmittel durch die frau oder ein anderes familienmitglied besorgen lassen (mutti?) und zu guter letzt der allseits beliebte dispokredit!!!
also: keine ausreden:D!!!
Kleidung habe ich bereits vor langer Zeit aufgegeben! Falls mich jemand auf einem Konzert sieht: Hose, Shirt und Kutte sind nur aufgemalt. Vorteil: Wenn man ständig nackt rumläuft, gibt es wenigstens ab und zu im Knast was zu essen. :D

Zu 1: Meist muss man es selbst machen. Fragt man Leute auf der Straße, laufen sie meist weg oder rufen die Polizei.

Womit wir bei Punkt 2 wären: Lecker! *würg*
Anhang anzeigen 124566
Das rote "Zeugs" sieht aus wie eine zerschnittene Serviette als "Beilage"
WÜRG
223189875293e476c23452163ab1cc5a.jpg

Beeindruckend isses schon irgendwie.... (auch wenn es Bände spricht was heute schon reicht um hoch in die deutschen Charts zu kommen)

Platzierungen in der ersten Woche nach Erscheinen.
9 - The Complete Albums Collection 1990-2015
31 - The X-Factor
36 - Virtual XI
83 - Fear of the dark

Beeindruckend isses schon irgendwie.... (auch wenn es Bände spricht was heute schon reicht um hoch in die deutschen Charts zu kommen)

31 - The X-Factor
36 - Virtual XI
83 - Fear of the dark
es wäre mal interessant, welche stückzahlen da jetzt über den tresen gegangen sind. sicher weiß ich nur, dass jeweils ein exemplar bei mir gelandet ist:D

31 - The X-Factor
36 - Virtual XI
83 - Fear of the dark
.... beeindruckend auch deswegen, dass die "Bayley-Alben" so weit vor "Fear ..." gelandet sind; aber das scheint ja eh jeder zu besitzen .........

31 - The X-Factor
36 - Virtual XI
83 - Fear of the dark

Beeindruckend, aber auch irgendwie traurig. Wenn Rerelease-Boxsets in den Charts schon höher einsteigen als die meisten Neuerscheinungen...

Nachdem ich den Geschmack von Bier nicht ausstehen kann, und auch sonst nur noch Leitungswasser trinke, mehr Geld für Maiden & Co.
Hab die Tage Seventh Son & Moonchild rauf und runter gehört. An den Songs sollten sich so einige mal ein Beispiel nehmen, wie man sinnvoll Keyboards integriert.

Zurück
Oben Unten