DOOM.

Hab auch einen Tipp für euch: Dresden/Leningrad aus den Niederlanden.

Tonnenschwerer, niederschmetternder Doom mit niederländischen Texten. Diese befassen sich mit den Greuel des ersten und zweiten Weltkriegs, mit der absoluten Deglorifizierung des Krieges.

Hab die Jungs letztes Jahr auf den Dutch Doom Days gesehen und war äußerst beeindruckt (was nicht mehr sooo häufig passiert). Hier mal der Link zum Youtube-Kanal der Jungs, wo sie ihre kompette Discographie hochgeladen haben:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_lpkcrQLcLY2wEoyclHZg/videos

Für mich eine DER Entdeckungen der letzten Jahre.

Doom.

Heißen jetzt übrigens UUR und nehmen gerade auf:
https://www.facebook.com/HelderUur/

@Matty Shredmaster
LISTENWAHN:

Ich poste jetzt hier mal meine Top Ten der DOOM Bands, da wir im REVERED BIZARRE Thread etwas "seitlich abzurutschen" drohten:

Also wenn Grenzüberschreitungen in Richtung Metal/Epic und was weiß ich was erlaubt sind:

1. Solitude Aeturnus
2. Cathedral
(bis 1993)
3. Trouble
(bis 1990)
4. Solstice
5. Candlemass
6. Spriritus Mortis
7. Sorcerer
8. Saint Vitus
9. The Obsessed
10. Memento Mori

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Lexicanum of Doom

17190504_266872403754722_1213217712593522054_n.jpg

“Lexicanum of Doom” is an overview of the doom scene, following the traditional side of the music. This book will cover such genres as traditional doom, stoner doom, psychedelic, epic doom, and their hybrids derived from different combinations of rock and metal components. I think that extreme doom subgenres deserve their own separate story, so I chose to avoid this huge part of the scene, and left it for another writer.

Here you’ll find the stories of the well-known forefathers of doom, like Pentagram, Trouble and Candlemass. We’ll take a look at the legacy of later explorers such as Cathedral and Electric Wizard. And of course – and this is the crux of the book – we’ll observe the growth of the genre all the way to the point where it is now.

So, “Lexicanum of Doom” is a kind of encyclopedia of doom. It was a difficult decision who to include or omit, but I mostly selected those bands which I know well – the bands with which I've already conducted in-depth interviews. This book is a kind of homage to their work: it’s like a limited vinyl edition for die-hard fans. You know – there are books about heavy metal, about black metal, and so on, and now we need this one before Doomsday arrives.

If public interest is high enough, the book will be released in A4 format, with 1 black and white picture for each band and 8-12 pages of colour inserts. If there is less support - as may be expected - then I’ll only be able to print the book in A5, probably without the colour parts. So, the shape of doom is in your hands...

This profile is created for the promotion of this book, dedicated to the doom scene under the working title “Lexicanum of Doom”. You can find a promo of the provisional A4 layout below.

https://www.facebook.com/lexicanumofdoom/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Finally......

Doom metal epic DOOM METAL LEXICANUM available to preorder now (at a special price) at CultNeverDies.myshopify.com

Written by doom fanatic Aleksey Evdokimov – with input from Mike Liassides (doom-metal.com), Tana Haugo Kawahara (Eternal Elysium) and Dayal Patterson (Cult Never Dies) – the DOOM METAL LEXICANUM is a must for all fans of traditional doom, stoner doom, epic doom and related hybrids.

A huge tome featuring 300 large format (A4) pages with 350gsm cover, this encyclopaedic work features some 300,000 words, over 350 bands and 400 pictures, and many interviews, with featured bands including:

ACID KING, CANDLEMASS, CATHEDRAL, CONAN, CAUCHEMAR, CHURCH OF MISERY, COUNT RAVEN, ELECTRIC WIZARD, FALL OF THE IDOL, INTERNAL VOID, ISOLE, LORD VICAR, LUCIFER, NAEVUS, THE OBSESSED, PANTHEIST, PENTAGRAM, PAGAN ALTAR, REVELATION, REVEREND BIZARRE, SAINT VITUS, SOLSTICE, SLEEP, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, WRETCH, WITCHSORROW, THE WOUNDED KINGS and over 300 more.

poSSALiwqSXIcmJcQoXaoyjnfQx1Ec-WLDxuKKAzaCzd_WB4Q1sWbnemcTPycPLSL659fdbm6cE4-f4dLPYYFCVcP63Mig=s0-d-e1-ft

Zurück
Oben Unten