With The Dead (w/Lee Dorrian/Cathedral + Ex-Electric Wizard/Ramesses Leute)

von der FB Seite von Mark Greening
Nun ja....
All

I am writing this to inform you that unfortunately I will not be performing in With The Dead with Lee and Tim at the upcoming shows that have been booked, including Roadburn 2016.

I should explain that the above isn't news to me. I have been excluded from dealings with the band and its label, Rise Above Records, since October 2015 and despite several letters and attempts to address the issues as well as a personal apology on my part over the previous months, I did not receive any response until late last week.

It is massively disappointing as I want to be there to perform the tracks that we have written and recorded together as With The Dead, and whilst I have not left the band, it is clear that I am to be excluded from its activities for the foreseeable future.

With regards to the dispute, I'll start by saying 'shit happens', it has been an extremely stressful couple of years; ending Ramesses, rejoining one of my earliest bands Electric Wizard, giving up my role in the then newly formed 11 Paranoias and starting work on With The Dead. It may or may not have been my fault for blowing my lid or just being difficult to work with, who knows, hell I am a 38 year old musician with an expertise in doom and extreme music, I have been making music for longer than I care to recall and what you see is what you get.

Unfortunately, last week I received a letter from the corporate law firm instructed to represent Lee, Tim and Rise Above Records and whilst I have been expressly informed that I cannot share the correspondence, it has been made abundantly clear that my exclusion is to continue. It is disappointing as those involved are adults and professional musicians but most importantly, they were my friends, so I thought that we would reach a resolution and that it would blow over. Whilst I had held out hope, I don't have the funds or patience to argue with an ensemble of lawyers about playing drums.

Ultimately, I am there to bash the kit and make the music that I also grew up listening to, it doesn't ever seem to pay too well, despite having contributed to some records that I am extremely proud of, but you know what, I will not let this get me down and I will continue making music that I hope to share with you.

Apologies to anyone who has quizzed me about With The Dead in recent months. On a more positive note, I hope to see you soon.

mongolol.gif

Offizielles Statement von der FB Seite:
UPDATE FROM THE CRYPT: Just to confirm - due to personal and political reasons, With The Dead will no longer be working with Mark Greening.
As far as we’re concerned, it is not worth wasting any more time on the matter. The band will continue, with UK dates and a new line-up to be announced very shortly.

Die political reasons würden mich schwer interessieren. Wir haben mal zusammen mit den Ramesses-Leuten (Unearthly Trance waren noch dabei) in ner Konzertlocation gepennt. Da waren die Herren Ramesses (großartig übrigens) humortechnisch nicht grad zimperlich. Vor allem in eine Ecke. Ob das vielleicht nen ernsteren Hintergrund hatte?

Die political reasons würden mich schwer interessieren. Wir haben mal zusammen mit den Ramesses-Leuten (Unearthly Trance waren noch dabei) in ner Konzertlocation gepennt. Da waren die Herren Ramesses (großartig übrigens) humortechnisch nicht grad zimperlich. Vor allem in eine Ecke. Ob das vielleicht nen ernsteren Hintergrund hatte?

Ich war von dem Artwork von Ramesses' Take The Curse zumindest sehr ... überrascht. Hätte dem jetzt aber keine tiefere Bedeutung beigemessen. Da ich aber mal davon ausgehe, dass sich die WTD-Leute schon seit geraumer Zeit kennen (Tim und Mark ja ohnehin), hätte man doch im Vorfeld wissen müssen, mit wem sich da zusammen tut, oder?

Ich hätte "political reasons" eher auf geschäftspolitische Aspekte bezogen, d.h. dass man sich finanziell usw nicht einigen konnte.

In die Richtung hab ich auch schon gedacht. Ramesses hatten ja auch immer entsprechende Logos und Plattencover und Greening kokettiert ja auch zu gern mit NS Symbolik (was ja nix heißen muss z.b. wie bei Lemmy und zich anderen).
Zudem kann ich mir vorstellen, dass der gute Herr nicht einfach ist. Das wird schon nen Grund haben warum der in den letzten 2-3 Jahren aus 4 Bands geflogen ist. Allein den Aufstand den er im Netz losgetreten hatte, als bei der WTD Veröffentlichung der Band Logo Stiker seine Visage auf dem Cover überklebte. Kindergarten echt!
Trotzdem sehr schade! Ich hatte mich schon sehr auf das Konzert (in der Besetzung) aufn Roadburn gefreut :hmmja:

Lee Dorrian - vocals. Tim Bagshaw - Guitar. New members: Leo Smee (ex-Cathedral) - Bass. Alex Thomas (ex Bolt Thrower) - Drums.

So, und wann benennt man sich in Cathedral um?

Übrigens: Ramesses scheints jetzt auch wieder zu geben :jubel::jubel::jubel:(sind fürs Temples Festival bestätigt)
Ich hoffe die schaffens über nen halbes Jahr sich nicht zu verkrachen...
Das wär dann endlich meine Chance die live zu erleben.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Große Namen machen noch lange kein großes Album. Reiht sich in die lange Auflistung unnötiger Supergroups ein.

Immerin drölfzig mal besser, als alles, was Lee's Olle mit ihrer neuen Truppe (featuring einer Angel Witch und Cathedral-Resterampe) jemals verzapfen wird respektive bisher unnötiger Weise veröffentlicht hat...

Um wen gehts? Ich will mithaten.

Ohjaaaa, mithaten ist guuuut :jubel:

Es geht um Lucifer, den quasi Nachfolger von The Oath.
Das einzig gut, was aus der Trennung und somit aus dem einstigen Bestehen von The Oath hervorgegangen ist, heißt auf den Namen Linnéa Olsson und haut seit einiger Zeit beim Beastmilk-Neumix Grave Pleasures in die Saiten.

Lucifer haben nicht nur einen völlig einfallslosen Namen, auch die Musik ist total belanglos - zumindest in Meinen Augen und vor alle, Ohren.
Also hoffentlich viel Spaß beim haten!

Zurück
Oben Unten