ETERNAL CHAMPION

Endlich gehts wieder mehr um Sex statt um Patches!
Ich find Ravening Iron auch immer noch super. Aber auch noch immer meine ich: Sie könnte noch geiler sein. Aber sie ist geil! Nur halt eben nicht maximal geil. Sexy in jedem Fall. Die Platte natürlich.
Extra Bonuspunkte verteile ich fürs Drumming, das finde ich wirklich fantastisch - er hat so einen sexy drive und fummelt ein cooles Fill nach dem anderen aus dem Handgelenk. Eigentlich total overdrummed, aber es bleibt eben auf der geilen Seite. Und auch massiv geil sind die Soli, ja.
Fetten Punkteabzug bekomen sie für den ungeilen Gitarrensound, und für ein paar langweilige Songs - die andere wohl episch nennen. Egal, geil!

Nur mal nebenbei, was man wirklich denkt. Zitat von der EC FB Seite:

Jason:
"(Name eines Forenmitglieds) just like I thought. All the stupid people are on KITs side and they also hate jokes."

Schön, das zu wissen und wer in Zukunft kein Geld mehr von mir bekommt!

Als Bonus noch das "offizielle" Statement:

Ok Oliver deleted his posts so in a few hours I will delete this one too, it doesn’t need to stay up forever and if he hadn’t been so sharky in his dealings with EC I would almost feel bad. But I want to explain to anyone that might be curious why I stepped out in front of a train to defend a band I’ve never heard of and might not even get around to listening to.

First I like what Sphinx did which is “bootleg” their own performance that is “owned” by KIT. idgaf if KIT actually owns it, what the band did is good, youthful, chaotic energy and a great shot against an institution that has become too powerful. I also like that they advocated for themselves and made a statement of self worth, and people hate it when you tell them you’re worth more than they’re willing to give you, even if it’s beer. It’s also good for young people to fuck with old people, it’s healthy and what is supposed to happen.

Then, predictably, the mob formed and the more sycophantic, sanctimonious and moralizing the mob is, the more I hate it. Every comment the same as if written by automatons. And that’s the part I detest the most. Does heavy metal have any individuals left? Is everyone so scared that their band won’t be able to play this basketball gym with all the lights on at midday with a huge barrier between you and the crowd? You can’t even stagedive at KIT. Dream bigger.

Having said all this the DoomSword live video at keep it true is one of the best live performances of all time and I watch it a couple times a year at least. And I was elated to watch my heroes Manilla Road and Cirith Ungol live the year EC played. Oli is probably the greatest of all time at getting bands together that everyone thought impossible and for that he should be given his due. I just loathe a mob even if it’s spurred on by a talented (yet insecure) promoter and I will burn my professional life down on my axiomatic hatred of moral busybodies swarming to protect their sacred institutions. -J / EC

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Nur mal nebenbei, was man wirklich denkt. Zitat von der EC FB Seite:

"(Name eines Forenmitglieds) just like I thought. All the stupid people are on KITs side and they also hate jokes."

Schön, das zu wissen und wer in Zukunft kein Geld mehr von mir bekommt!

Als Bonus noch das "offizielle" Statement:

Ok Oliver deleted his posts so in a few hours I will delete this one too, it doesn’t need to stay up forever and if he hadn’t been so sharky in his dealings with EC I would almost feel bad. But I want to explain to anyone that might be curious why I stepped out in front of a train to defend a band I’ve never heard of and might not even get around to listening to.

First I like what Sphinx did which is “bootleg” their own performance that is “owned” by KIT. idgaf if KIT actually owns it, what the band did is good, youthful, chaotic energy and a great shot against an institution that has become too powerful. I also like that they advocated for themselves and made a statement of self worth, and people hate it when you tell them you’re worth more than they’re willing to give you, even if it’s beer. It’s also good for young people to fuck with old people, it’s healthy and what is supposed to happen.

Then, predictably, the mob formed and the more sycophantic, sanctimonious and moralizing the mob is, the more I hate it. Every comment the same as if written by automatons. And that’s the part I detest the most. Does heavy metal have any individuals left? Is everyone so scared that their band won’t be able to play this basketball gym with all the lights on at midday with a huge barrier between you and the crowd? You can’t even stagedive at KIT. Dream bigger.

Having said all this the DoomSword live video at keep it true is one of the best live performances of all time and I watch it a couple times a year at least. And I was elated to watch my heroes Manilla Road and Cirith Ungol live the year EC played. Oli is probably the greatest of all time at getting bands together that everyone thought impossible and for that he should be given his due. I just loathe a mob even if it’s spurred on by a talented (yet insecure) promoter and I will burn my professional life down on my axiomatic hatred of moral busybodies swarming to protect their sacred institutions. -J / EC
Ich frage mich wirklich, wo dieser ganze Hass herkommt.

Es ist das alte Lied, inwieweit man diePerson zum Künstler gleichsetzt, da gibt es ja etliche Beispiele... Ja, das Kerlchen sieht und wirkt nicht gerade sympathisch, aber als Frontman seiner Band find ich ihn gut. Die Grenze, wo eine gewisse Antipathie den etwaigen Hörgenuss beginnt zu trüben ist recht ambivalent und höchst individuell auszuloten.

"This post will be deleted and forgotten except for those that already hate EC and we love to live in their minds anyway."

"Our fans are people, I won’t lie to them about how I feel about them to keep them as fans. I don’t want soft brained acolytes, wimps, moral do-gooders, establishment-simps to like EC. Now lick my balls!"

Ich wage die Prognose, dass das KIT auch ohne EC überleben wird.

Selbstverständlich wird es das... zum Glück. Ich bin mir aber sicher, dass sich auch niemand etwas anderes wünscht. Jason lobt in dem Beitrag an mehreren Stellen ganz ausdrücklich Olis Talent als Booker und Promoter und er sagt auch klar, dass er auf keinen Fall Beef in die andere Richtung starten will.
"no, I think it’s clear that my nightmare would be to start a mob in the other direction. [...] I don’t want anyone to go after Oli and I hope everyone that likes KIT keeps enjoying it."

Zurück
Oben Unten