GATEKEEPER - Canadian Epic Metal

We Have a New Singer!

Check out clips from our new album below

Greetings friends,

We are excited to announce our new singer; Tyler “Tex” Anderson. Hailing from Armstrong, BC, Tex is a talented and exciting vocalist who has performed across Western Canada with his band Odinfist and is a mainstay in the Okanagan metal scene. Without his strong performance, creative lyrical approach and his work ethic, our new album would still be unfinished.

Please join us in welcoming him to GATEKEEPER. We hail from Western Shores!

unnamedomjrq.jpg

From Tex:

“Gatekeeper has been one of my favorite bands in the Canadian heavy metal scene for years. When I saw that they were looking for a new singer, I knew I had to throw my hat in the ring and see if I was up to the task. Just getting to audition, screaming my way through some of my favourite tunes was an absolute blast! Then I was chosen as the new singer (for which I am eternally grateful) and it was time to get to work. When I heard the material the boys had been working on for the past couple of years I was blown away, and knew I had to step up my game as a singer and lyricist to match. I am incredibly proud of the hard work we put into this album, and of course the album itself! I can't wait for everyone hear it.”
Joa... noch unentschlossen, was ich vom Neuen halten soll... Nicht schlecht, haut mich aber nicht vom Hocker, bisher... J. P. vermisse ich jedenfalls bei Gatekeeper :hmmja:

Sicherlich ein sehr solider Sänger der jedoch nicht diese Alleinstellungsmerkmale von JP hat. Mal sehen was da kommt. Abschreiben tue ich die Band nicht.
Ja, seh ich im Prinzip auch so. Ne gewisse Ernüchterung ist bei mir (leider) schon da, aber wie du sagst, mal abwarten. Bei dem doomigen Song zum Schluss klingt er ganz gut...

Nach dem Anhören der Soundclips scheint das neue Album mit dem neuen Sänger in Richtung Power Metal zu tendieren, oder?

Endlich! Neuer Sänger gefällt mir sehr gut. Ersetzen kann man den alten eh nicht. Finde aber fein was hier passiert. Platte ist bestellt

Ja, der Song gefällt mir wirklich gut, totale Gatekeeper Trademarks, auch macht der neue Sänger seinen Job gut... Einzig die double-bass Einlagen o_O :acute:... Ich vertrag double-bass nur in SEHR homöopathischen Dosen und am liebsten gar nicht.
Ansonsten aber, doch echt gut, Platte wird geholt.

Edit: Nach dem 3. Anhören, gefällt mir der Song immer besser, richtig stark :top:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Meine war schon letzte Woche Freitag da und es ist ein Knaller geworden! Tyler macht seine Sache super als neuer Sänger und abwechslungsreich ist die Platte auch. Treibender, kraftvoller Epic Heavy Metal mit etwas mehr Blind Guardian Einschlag als zuvor.

Zurück
Oben Unten